More Moral Skepticism Links

  • alcyon11
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2 1:24 PM
      eduard,

      Here is the first one I suggested, and three more.

      <http://www.iep.utm.edu/m/m-skepti.htm>
      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_skepticism>
      <http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/skepticism-moral/>
      <http://www.ac.wwu.edu/~gmyers/ehe.relat.html>

      Some background information on the subject is what's needed for the
      discussion to proceed. Of course it's your opinion and also your
      option not to hold a meaningful conversation from an epistemological
      point of view.

      Mary Jo
    • eduard at home
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2 2:24 PM
        Mary Jo,

        So far I have not seen any meaningful discussion -- only quotes and URLs. With the exception of Michael who had something to say for himself.

        Here is the first one I suggested, and three more.

        <http://www.iep.utm.edu/m/m-skepti.htm>
        <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_skepticism>
        <http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/skepticism-moral/>
        <http://www.ac.wwu.edu/~gmyers/ehe.relat.html>

        Some background information on the subject is what's needed for the
        discussion to proceed. Of course it's your opinion and also your
        option not to hold a meaningful conversation from an epistemological
        point of view.

        Mary Jo

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • alcyon11
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2 4:34 PM
          eduard,

          I'm taking some time to actually read the material before I have
          anything profound to say! Have you read it? Will you? I liked Robert
          Solomon's quote that CSW posted. The only place I differ is that I
          believe there can be universal or fundamental or objective morals,
          but I don't think society has arrived there yet. I also recall some
          wonderful posts that Biggie contributed last August and took some
          time to re-read them. I want to go beyond the typical, "Well
          everybody simply just knows what's moral" type of discussion. This is
          a philosophy venue, and I'd like to contribute something a little
          more worthwhile that one-liners, something more along the lines of
          CSW's, Trindidad's, or Biggie's posts. Big britches to fill I know,
          but I'm gonna give it a try.

          Mary Jo--- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, eduard at home <yeoman@v...>
          wrote:
          > Mary Jo,
          >
          > So far I have not seen any meaningful discussion -- only quotes and
          URLs. With the exception of Michael who had something to say for
          himself.

          > eduard

        • eduard at home
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2 5:11 PM
            It all depends. So far I haven't seem much of a discussion here.

            Sure, one can do a lot of reading to find out whether there is anything profound to say. It is not the sort of thing that I'm inclined to do. Oh well, we will see if there is a discussion beyond quotes.

            wrote:
            > Mary Jo,
            >
            > So far I have not seen any meaningful discussion -- only quotes and
            URLs. With the exception of Michael who had something to say for
            himself.

            > eduard

            Yahoo! Groups Links