Re: [existlist] Powerlessness, was Re: Democracy, was Re: Bigotry

  • Amanda Lemesonoka
    Message 1 of 76 , Mar 1, 2004
      Jerry,

      how long do you think a global community, international goverment and constitution can last? the thing you mentioned - states and empires crashing - clearly shows that a single system that involves many contradictory or at least not similar cultures, legislations doesn't last. many people have tried to achieve such system that could last, none has achieved it. i'm not saying that such system is impossible, but i don't think it's endurable.

      Amanda

      jerryjfortin@... wrote: In a message dated 28/02/2004 8:42:04 AM Mountain Standard Time,
      alcyon11@... writes:

      > Jerry,
      >
      > Care to elaborate? What direction is implied? What do you propose?
      >
      > Mary Jo

      The direction I am referring to is that which we have been discussing. Human
      and civil rights entrenched within a democratic constitution. We know what
      is right and what is wrong we have nearly achieved the apex of social
      enlightenment what is now required is that last step. That step which elevates us
      above and beyond where we have been. Humankind has seen the rise and fall of city
      states, empires and republics. These things that have past are what brought
      us to this point in time. What will happen in the fullness of time is simply
      accepting the reality of the global community. There will eventually be a
      single international government. There will be a universal constitution. There
      will be a declaration of a multi-juridictional justice system. The only real
      question remaining is what from of governance will finally prevail. Without
      the active and willing participation of the citizenry of the world we will
      forfeit any semblance of democracy to the rule of corporate governance.

      Jerry

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
      Click Here

      Message 76 of 76 , Mar 2, 2004
        In a message dated 02/03/2004 7:18:08 AM Mountain Standard Time,
        kamy_ams@... writes:

        > Jerry,
        >
        > that is exactly the point - it is business that drives globalisation on. it
        > is still going to take some time before the clash between business interests
        > and national interests will happen, but that is inevitable. hm an interesting
        > thought came to my mind - is this the time, when minority is deciding the
        > lives of majority? we talked a bit about how minority has to follow the rules
        > provided by the majority, but this situation is opposite, isn't it? it is
        > elitarian public that is deciding countries roles in global scene?
        >
        > Amanda

        I believe you are exactly right on this matter. Conflict will occur, and it
        is a question of morality and ethics. From my viewpoint it is a question of
        morality from the viewpoint of business it is only ethics.

        Jerry