Re: Freedom From The Media

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2004
      Thank you, Mary Jo, or "sweet nightingale",
      I'ld like to offer a quotation also:
      'the true object of propaganda is neither to convince nor even to
      persuade, but to produce a uniform pattern of public utterance in
      which the first trace of unorthodox thought reveals itself as a
      jarring dissonance.'
      (The political scientist and philosopher Leonard Schapiro, writing
      of Stalin).

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "alcyon11" <alcyon11@y...> wrote:
      > "Human life is permeated by underground streams, and man chances
      > unseeingly upon an atmosphere which does violence to him and
      enslaves
      > him. There is a psychological force of the individual person, and
      > there is a psychological force of the community, of society.
      > Crystallized, hardened public opinion becomes violence upon man.
      Man