Re: [existlist] responsiblity in thought

  • Amanda Lemesonoka
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 27, 2004
      eduard,

      i understand your point very well about being aware. i just wanted to say that being aware of responsibility and actually being responsible isn't the same, although at some extent being aware could be also being responsible, that is if this awareness helps you to act responsibly, but that doesn't always happen.

      Amanda

      eduard at home <yeoman@...> wrote: Amanda,

      It's a matter of how you use the word. If you are a mother, then one could say that you are "responsible" for the well-being of your children. But that doesn't mean that you will act responsibly. Neither does it mean that someone is forcing you to act responsibly.

      All that I am saying [perhaps poorly] is that we must be aware that we are responsible for our acts, in the impact this may have on others. If there is an adverse impact, then we can say that it is someone else's fault. It was our act and it is we* who are responsible.