Yana

  • Brandon Roshto
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 1999
      Yo Yana,
      I think I recall you mentioning before that you were interested in
      Nietzsche, although I don't think you spelled his name like that, but I
      think we're thinking of the same guy.

      Am I right?
      B/c of your interest in him, I am assuming that you've read some of his
      work. If I'm right, then have you read his work "On the Genealogy of
      Morality?" If so what did you think? (About his work of coarse)-
      especially of his use of history.
      According to him problems w/ his present day society were
      greatly A DIRECT EFFECT of societies misunderstanding or no understanding
      at
      all of history and the FOUNDATIONS OF MORALITY ("Good and Evil," Good and
      Bad," "Guilt," "Conscience," and Related Matters).

      I find it paradoxical that you use N. as one of your influences and then
      speak of today's society, in general, a "not so much thinking for themself
      society"
      If you haven't read this work maybe you should. It might have a profound
      effect on:
      - you view of N. or
      - you subjective view of thinking in general

      BRandon

      PS: I haven't heard much from you lately. What's wrong, you haven't been
      accepting these challenges. That's not like you. C. from London asked a
      very good question earlier. Are you still "contemplating" an answer. I'm
      very excited to hear your response to his question.