Important

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 15 8:37 PM
      Eduard, If it is important to you then it is important-----to you. I
      mean I don`t think you are out to fuck anybody up with it. I would
      not get too dissapointed if it doesn`t get big. Look how few even get
      interested in a site like this. Asking someone to put time into a
      non religion is even more eccentric. But if they start sending
      cheques, I wanna a title, and maby a red beenie, and a crosier. OK?
      Bill
    • eduard at home
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 15 8:46 PM
        Bill,

        I don't know if Nooism will become big. It really doesn't matter. The objective here is just to do something worth while. Perhaps it is my German background -- or maybe it is just me. Anyway, it's one's responsibility to leave something behind. It's not enough to just use up space and do a few good things to make ourselves and our neurons happy. Hey -- that sounds like a good line, I think I will use in the next Nooism update.

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 15 8:58 PM
          Eduard, So whats a matter with making the landing lights work right?
          I fix a hundred thousnad or so teeth that don`t go China syndrome
          and make people shoot from the overpasses. How many would have
          pancaked in if the lights went out. You don`t have to become the pope
          and I don`t have to become surgeon general. Most of those top end
          guys just fill a suit anyway. Or is it a cassock? Bill
        • eduard at home
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 15 9:19 PM
            Bill,

            Like the Rabbi said -- you still need a day job. All I'm trying to do is build a consistent and viable philosophy.

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 16 12:56 AM
              eduard,
              i don't think i have time right now to do more than skim the posts -
              i've got a whole heap of laundry, for one thing; i'm homing in on
              this message of yours because it seems to upset me more than any
              other, so it's probably the best one to go at.
              as far as i'm concerned, you haven't got and never did have a
              german background; you may have been co-opted, as i was, into making
              the best of something deeply unclear and potentially frightening,
              but i know of nothing you need to reproach yourself for. i'm just
              too upset to say anything else; i'm only holding back because i
              don't want to cause harm, and i just have to live with the fact that
              sometimes saying nothing may itself be causing harm. i believe in
              you, and in nooism, in an innocent way - if others think otherwise,
              tough. i'm doing my best to stay on good terms with people, even
              where it seems to me there are grounds for mistrust - what's the
              point of doing otherwise?
              louise

              --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, eduard at home <yeoman@v...> wrote:
              > Bill,
              >
              > I don't know if Nooism will become big. It really doesn't
              matter. The objective here is just to do something worth while.
              Perhaps it is my German background -- or maybe it is just me.
              Anyway, it's one's responsibility to leave something behind. It's
              not enough to just use up space and do a few good things to make
              ourselves and our neurons happy. Hey -- that sounds like a good
              line, I think I will use in the next Nooism update.

              > eduard

            • eduard at home
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 16 2:41 AM
                Louise,

                Ah -- but I do have a German background. My grandfather came to Canada from a German town in the Ukraine, around 1903.

                But then why should you be upset* by anything that I may put into email?? It's my neurons, not yours.

                In any case, it's important that we leave something behind or at least try to do so.

                i don't think i have time right now to do more than skim the posts -
                i've got a whole heap of laundry, for one thing; i'm homing in on
                this message of yours because it seems to upset me more than any
                other, so it's probably the best one to go at.
                as far as i'm concerned, you haven't got and never did have a
                german background; you may have been co-opted, as i was, into making
                the best of something deeply unclear and potentially frightening,
                but i know of nothing you need to reproach yourself for. i'm just
                too upset to say anything else; i'm only holding back because i
                don't want to cause harm, and i just have to live with the fact that
                sometimes saying nothing may itself be causing harm. i believe in
                you, and in nooism, in an innocent way - if others think otherwise,
                tough. i'm doing my best to stay on good terms with people, even
                where it seems to me there are grounds for mistrust - what's the
                point of doing otherwise?
                louise

                --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, eduard at home <yeoman@v...> wrote:
                > Bill,
                >
                > I don't know if Nooism will become big. It really doesn't
                matter. The objective here is just to do something worth while.
                Perhaps it is my German background -- or maybe it is just me.
                Anyway, it's one's responsibility to leave something behind. It's
                not enough to just use up space and do a few good things to make
                ourselves and our neurons happy. Hey -- that sounds like a good
                line, I think I will use in the next Nooism update.

                > eduard

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 16 2:46 AM
                  eduard,
                  i agree entirely. that is a big relief.
                  louise

                  --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, eduard at home <yeoman@v...> wrote:
                  > Louise,
                  >
                  > Ah -- but I do have a German background. My grandfather came to
                  Canada from a German town in the Ukraine, around 1903.

                  > But then why should you be upset* by anything that I may put into
                  email?? It's my neurons, not yours.

                  > In any case, it's important that we leave something behind or at
                  least try to do so.

                  > eduard

                • Amanda Lemesonoka
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 17 1:12 AM
                    eduard,

                    it somehow doesn't go together for me - your "dead philosphers" theory and "one's responsibility to leave something behind"... if the dead people don't matter then why should you leave something behind you?

                    Amanda

                    eduard at home <yeoman@...> wrote: Bill,

                    I don't know if Nooism will become big. It really doesn't matter. The objective here is just to do something worth while. Perhaps it is my German background -- or maybe it is just me. Anyway, it's one's responsibility to leave something behind. It's not enough to just use up space and do a few good things to make ourselves and our neurons happy. Hey -- that sounds like a good line, I think I will use in the next Nooism update.

                    mean I don`t think you are out to fuck anybody up with it. I would
                    not get too dissapointed if it doesn`t get big. Look how few even get
                    interested in a site like this. Asking someone to put time into a
                    non religion is even more eccentric. But if they start sending
                    cheques, I wanna a title, and maby a red beenie, and a crosier. OK?
                    Bill

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                    Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
                    Click Here

                  • eduard at home
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 17 1:16 AM
                      Amanda,

                      Yes there is a certain disconnect there.

                      If it helps, you can disregard my stuff after my demise ... since I will then be one of the "dead philosophers".

                      By the way, I added Epicureanism to the Nooism site:
                      http://nooism.homestead.com/philosophy_index.html

                      eduard
                      ... whose neurons are happy, because he is not dead yet ...