RE: [existlist] (unknown)

  • Eduard Alf
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 12, 2001
      tyjfk et folks,

      i think there is a number of levels here ... i dont think that anyone would
      suggest that a Hitler would have been stopped by kindness and compassion ...
      and Gandhi got what he wanted because the British were dependent upon the
      Indian majority for services ... not specifically because he chose a
      non-violent route ...

      but kindness and compassion can have its affect at the individual level ...
      it is not the violence of war which concerns us ... it is the small evils
      that the thoughtless give out each day ... like racist jokes ... we can
      point out at that time, to someone who tells such a joke, that this is not
      acceptable behaviour ... rather than to remain silent ... or we can give up
      our seat in the bus, to provide an example ...

      have fun (and it would be nice if you would indicate your name) ...