Almost Right History

  • Mary Jo Malo
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2004
      Hello Nicole,

      You HAVE been busy! I've been on this literature/history path myself.
      It was exciting, demanding, complicated and required lots of "faith"
      because of the nature of the reading materials, alternative
      histories. The Grail materials are endless, and the amount of history
      you need to read before digesting "Holy Blood, Holy Grail", "The
      White Goddess", Frazer, and Campbell are dauntless. It took years for
      me to extricate myself from that maze. I envy your visit to
      Montsegur. How does one get to the fortress ruins atop that beastly
      mountain? Did you find a veritable cottage industry sprung from the
      mysteries in the region of Rennes l' Chateau? Have you
      read "Foucault's Pendulum"? You mentioned you've got "From Romance to
      Ritual", by Jesse Weston on your stack. I liked her little piece. It
      made sense, the migration of motifs from India to Celts, fertility
      rites and so on.

      Well have fun.
      Mary Jo