Re: [existlist] going out

  • Amanda Lemesonoka
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2004
      hm why don't you ask the posters themselves? :)

      i know that my post was a bit messy and probably not very understandable for those who haven't read Fowles.

      but what i wanted to talk about was - why do i (and i presume that i'm not the only one) have an attraction towards some things that are actually a bit disgusting... i mean - reading a book when the most part of it is written from a maniac's point of view is not an easy thing to do. and in the end it becomes quite sickening. BUT i consider it a good book...

      sometimes i think that writers just express something that has mingled in their minds and then it comes out. like some annoying thoughts. it is more of a therapy - to let some dark thoughts out... and WHY do we have to read it?

      hope that this made things a bit clearer :)

      Amanda

      louise <hecubatoher@...> wrote: Hello Eduard.
      Things are going well: although the hamster cages are still in need
      of cleaning, I've managed to get through three loads of laundry, put
      them through the mangle, and hang them out, but then a little rain
      arrived, and in they came again.
      Well, I've washed my hair and put on the black cords and fawn suede
      shoes I feel relaxed in, and am off now to find a horse - shouldn't
      be difficult; there are many paddocks, even a show-jumping course,
      on the outskirts of the village.
      Have you any idea what the two previous posters are talking about?
      Louise.

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2004
        Hello Amanda.
        I do remember how difficult it can be to be half-ignored, half-
        talked about, and I don't want you to feel uncomfortable; but
        sometimes it is very difficult to face someone directly. This is
        maybe the painful side of 'did I misunderstand you correctly?'
        Sometimes I feel that everyone's thinking I've misunderstood them
        incorrectly, but there we are, I'm not worrying - you can get used
        to anything, even being thought paranoid...
        Louise.

        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Amanda Lemesonoka <kamy_ams@y...>
        wrote:

        > hm why don't you ask the posters themselves? :)
        >
        > i know that my post was a bit messy and probably not very
        understandable for those who haven't read Fowles.

        > but what i wanted to talk about was - why do i (and i presume that
        i'm not the only one) have an attraction towards some things that
        are actually a bit disgusting... i mean - reading a book when the
        most part of it is written from a maniac's point of view is not an
        easy thing to do. and in the end it becomes quite sickening. BUT i
        consider it a good book...

        > sometimes i think that writers just express something that has
        mingled in their minds and then it comes out. like some annoying
        thoughts. it is more of a therapy - to let some dark thoughts out...
        and WHY do we have to read it?

        > hope that this made things a bit clearer :)
        >
        > Amanda
        >

        > louise <hecubatoher@y...> wrote: Hello Eduard.
        > Things are going well: although the hamster cages are still in
        need
        > of cleaning, I've managed to get through three loads of laundry,
        put
        > them through the mangle, and hang them out, but then a little rain
        > arrived, and in they came again.
        > Well, I've washed my hair and put on the black cords and fawn
        suede
        > shoes I feel relaxed in, and am off now to find a horse -
        shouldn't
        > be difficult; there are many paddocks, even a show-jumping course,
        > on the outskirts of the village.
        > Have you any idea what the two previous posters are talking about?
        > Louise.

        Service.

      • eduard at home
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2004
          Louise,

          Sorry -- I only know what I am talking about -- sometimes.

          I think that I have created a monster out of this pussy cat. She is fascinated by the cursor on the computer screen and wants to eat it. Oh well, perhaps I will take a nap after these emails.

          I cant even think what it must be to have a horse. That must be a big responsibility.

          Things are going well: although the hamster cages are still in need
          of cleaning, I've managed to get through three loads of laundry, put
          them through the mangle, and hang them out, but then a little rain
          arrived, and in they came again.
          Well, I've washed my hair and put on the black cords and fawn suede
          shoes I feel relaxed in, and am off now to find a horse - shouldn't
          be difficult; there are many paddocks, even a show-jumping course,
          on the outskirts of the village.
          Have you any idea what the two previous posters are talking about?
          Louise.

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          To visit your group on the web, go to:

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • eduard at home
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 2, 2004
            Amanda,

            We like the disgusting because has a certain attraction from our humdrum lives. But then we only want to read or see just so much to satisfy the need. I don't think that many people actually want to be made aware of the real terror which is out there. The stuff that we read or see in movies is a matter entertainment. It gives a high* in raising our sensibilities, so that we know that we are alive.

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 2, 2004
              Eduard,
              I can't think what you've got to be sorry about - you've been
              keeping me going.
              Don't you like the idea of my being a playright?
              Or am I really making no sense? For further light, if you're
              interested, read Matt.
              Louise.

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 2, 2004
                Eduard,
                What's this about my having a horse? I couldn't possibly. I borrow
                other people's. Sorry - you've probably not visited
                my 'schizophrenia-is-not-a-disease' group.