Re: [existlist] Re: sleepwalking & schizophrenia discussion groups

  • LeeEdgarTyler@aol.com
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 1, 2004
      In a message dated 2/1/2004 2:49:01 PM Central Standard Time,
      yeoman@... writes:

      I know what Mary Jo means by schizophrenia ... or at least Manic-Depression
      which my ex-wife had. I have always been fascinated by the way in which some
      people can hallucinate. It's something that I could never do ... even when
      trying hard. In a way, it's sometimes looked upon as a special gift. I
      seem to recall that the Arab culture looked upon crazy people as close to Allah.
      Perhaps drQ has some info on that.

      eduard
      Jeez. I had a manic depressive wife once. Didn't know whether she'd meet
      me at the door with a bottle of champagne or a shotgun.
      Lots of cultures regard the insane as holy. Time was, being the village
      idiot was a pretty good job. Sure beat harvesting turnips with a short hoe, I
      guess.
      Ed Tyler