Re: [existlist] Following?

  • Mattlzpf@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31, 2004
      I'm just trying to make sure people don't find a safe haven in saying,
      "leave me alone, I'm my own person. I'm special because I'm an individual
      just as you are too--equal yet both distinct." If we can't question our own
      ideas then why are we posting?

      --MATT_C

      existentialism is about the individual... but every time someone writes
      something about subjectivity, individuality, it seems that you almost feel
      offended... why? if you don't think that individual defines everything, then
      who?
      i don't see anything egocentric in words "individual defines everything",
      simply
      because i value the thoughts of others as highly as mine. i think that
      everyone
      has the right for their own opinion, for every person it is different and the
      most significant. i RESPECT what other people think, even if i don't think
      the
      same. even if "your" reality is different than "mine", i havn't said and
      never
      will that mine is better :)