Hiding out

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2004
      Louise, Many use boose and drugs as a hide out. A psychyatrist friend
      thinks the alcoholic to be a social rebel in hiding. Certainly when
      the fight response is overwhelmed the flight response remains if one
      survives the conflict. I have assisted at electroshock as the big
      hammer is brought to bear on worsening repetative behavours. That
      shook me to the core. Perhaps society drove Nietzsche mad and
      perhaps there was underlying , organic disease. Either way he said
      things that needed to be said, were revolutionary and would be
      expected to draw fire. Bill