Existentialism and Feeling

  • Charles Vermont
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 1999
      Yana wrote:

      >If you feel insulted then you are responsible for what you feel not me!<

      I disagree, feeling irritated. It seems to me this is like saying that if you punch me in the face then I am responsible for the pain I feel and not you. If I ask you to punch me in the face then sure, it is my responsibility, but not if it is an unsolicited attack.

      I believe this goes straight to the heart of the current human condition. Can we form relationships with other human beings where we are all allowed to feel what we feel and express what we feel without being told that we should be feeling something else? In other words, can I be free to express the unique emotions I have without being told to shut up?

      Charles Vermont
      London, England, UK
    • Brandon Roshto
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 1999
        Why don't you accept the challenge by Charles. What do you think?
      • hank alphonse
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 1999
          I relate to this because I realy try to open up on this list. I don't think I will contribute creativly but at least i can learn.