RE: [existlist] question

  • Eduard Alf
    Message 1 of 79 , Jun 4, 2001
      Bill,

      you are going to get some interesting replies to this ... im going to stay
      out of it ... i tend to pound the bible from time to time myself ...

      Message 79 of 79 , Aug 18, 2005
        Why is it so widely assumed that hurting others can be judged by the
        gauge of feeling??

        Is it not the case that most hurt is done in this world by people
        feeling good about themselves, approving their own motives, enjoying
        the backing of majorities, or powerful minorities??

        Dialectic, at the level of the individual, consists in a dialogue
        with oneself. The discovery of absolute subjective truth, in
        consequence of feeling and understanding, at war. What we don't
        want to know is what we usually most need to know. It may be
        unsociable to harangue others with unwanted or incomprehensible
        knowledge, yet on what authority does anyone declare 'sick' those
        who state their worlds of vision in manner discomfiting the
        satisfied majority. Satisfied, that is, with their own 'wellness'.
        Should not theoretic ethics include a sense of responsibility about
        the very categories of health and illness, when applied in the realm
        of ideas and other mental constructs?

        louise
        ... nooist student