Why the blue rose?

  • Mary Jo Malo
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2003
      Some asked me this question. Here's my answer taken from the
      introduction to my Yahoo discussion group.

      "Why the blue rose? This icon has roots in both Egyptian and Indian
      cultures as the blue lotus, the symbol of immortality. In Arabic lore
      the blue rose represents powerful change and restoration. On the
      contemporary scene you'll find the blue rose symbolizes humanity's
      quest for understanding and mastery of the structure of reality.
      However, a blue rose isn't natural. It can only be produced by
      introducing an agent, such as a blue die. Ancient Arab
      horticulturists wrapped the roots of white rose bushes with indigo.
      Modern florists can place white rose stems in blue dyed water to
      achieve blue blossoms. In a metaphoric sense, the agent is a false
      idea which is introduced and alters the mind of humanity. We are
      unnatural regarding our relativity to our universe and each other. If
      scientists successfully create the transgender phenomenon of a blue
      rose, it will not be the accomplishment they envision for humanity.
      It is the permanent restoration or evolution of correct relativity to
      our cosmos that must occur. Our ideas and language are polluted, if
      you will, with the toxin of mistaken concepts. Here is an interesting
      irony. We are like blue roses attempting to create a blue rose."