RE: [existlist] question

  • Timothy R. Westerhof
    Message 1 of 79 , Jun 3, 2001
      Eduard,

      >where does it say in the Bible that you would get new bodies

      "At death, believers leave the body to be with Christ. Paul speaks about
      being "absent from the body...at home with the Lord" (2 Corinthians 5:8).
      The natural body "sleeps" the sleep of death, but not the spirit which at
      death goes immediately to heaven. Hebrews refers to "the spirits of
      righteous men made perfect" in heaven (12:23). When the Lord returns, we
      will receive a new spiritual body-"It is sown a natural body, it is raised a
      spiritual body" (1 Corinthians 15:44)-to be joined with our redeemed
      spirits. United in spirit and in body, we shall ever be with the Lord."

      Dr. J. Rodman Williams, theology professor at Regent University's School of
      Divinity.

      >and would be androgynous?

      Maybe they are, maybe they aren't.

      >Why isn't there a sun in heaven?

      Why would there be?

      I wish I had your confidence in the lack of an after-life. You must sleep
      well knowing that it all won't matter...

      Regards,

      trw.
      Message 79 of 79 , Aug 18, 2005
        Why is it so widely assumed that hurting others can be judged by the
        gauge of feeling??

        Is it not the case that most hurt is done in this world by people
        feeling good about themselves, approving their own motives, enjoying
        the backing of majorities, or powerful minorities??

        Dialectic, at the level of the individual, consists in a dialogue
        with oneself. The discovery of absolute subjective truth, in
        consequence of feeling and understanding, at war. What we don't
        want to know is what we usually most need to know. It may be
        unsociable to harangue others with unwanted or incomprehensible
        knowledge, yet on what authority does anyone declare 'sick' those
        who state their worlds of vision in manner discomfiting the
        satisfied majority. Satisfied, that is, with their own 'wellness'.
        Should not theoretic ethics include a sense of responsibility about
        the very categories of health and illness, when applied in the realm
        of ideas and other mental constructs?

        louise
        ... nooist student