RE: [existlist] question

  • Eduard Alf
    Message 1 of 79 , Jun 3 9:59 PM
      Tim,

      where does it say in the Bible that you would get new bodies and would be
      androgynous? ... why isnt there a sun in heaven? ...

      actually, im thinking about the perspective from this life ... whatever it
      is after i die; well, i will be dead, so it wont matter ....

      but it is interesting ... usually we think of god as being an old man with a
      beard, but seems like he would not have anything more than that beard ...
      and why should he ... why would anyone have clothes in heaven ... seems to
      me that it would be the largest nudist camp ever ... :-) ...

      have fun ...

      Message 79 of 79 , Aug 18, 2005
        Why is it so widely assumed that hurting others can be judged by the
        gauge of feeling??

        Is it not the case that most hurt is done in this world by people
        feeling good about themselves, approving their own motives, enjoying
        the backing of majorities, or powerful minorities??

        Dialectic, at the level of the individual, consists in a dialogue
        with oneself. The discovery of absolute subjective truth, in
        consequence of feeling and understanding, at war. What we don't
        want to know is what we usually most need to know. It may be
        unsociable to harangue others with unwanted or incomprehensible
        knowledge, yet on what authority does anyone declare 'sick' those
        who state their worlds of vision in manner discomfiting the
        satisfied majority. Satisfied, that is, with their own 'wellness'.
        Should not theoretic ethics include a sense of responsibility about
        the very categories of health and illness, when applied in the realm
        of ideas and other mental constructs?

        louise
        ... nooist student