RE: [existlist] answer no. 4

  • Eduard Alf
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 2, 2001
      Yulian,

      yes ... if you consider "dirt" as being the materials that come from the
      body ... hey did you see where some scientist .. i think in the netherlands
      is working on a means to make dead people into fertilizer ... sounds good to
      me ...

      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 2, 2001
        eduard

        is it like the tramalfadorians (spelling?) from slaughterhouse five? They
        see in four dimensions. If they saw me for example, they will see me as i
        was, is and will be.

        Sweaters
      • Eduard Alf
        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 3, 2001
          Luke,

          i guess im not succeeding in being clear .. let me try again ... in physics
          there is the idea of probability ... that is you cant simultaneously
          determine the location and speed of something ... so think of a line that is
          of infinite length ... it is absolutely straight for essentially all of its
          length, except for one location which represents the present ... at this
          location you have a wave whose amplitude is distributed over a short
          distance .. at the precise location the amplitude is high and then lessens
          to either side ... it is like a little bulge in the line ... i see this as
          the same as a photon of light which can be both a wave and a particle at the
          same time ... so you as Luke are on your time line ... you exist in only one
          location which is the present and you flow along the time line from the past
          to the future ... now, the future is not fixed ... the choices that you make
          in the present can change the direction of the line ...

          that is what im getting at in saying the table is the present display on its
          time line ... it does not exist in the past (to the left on the line) but we
          are aware of where it was since the line leads to that empty space
          (non-tree) in the forest ... and it does not exist in the future (to the
          right on the line) ... the future or direction of the line is dependent upon
          what is done today ... if we throw it in the fire, the direction is to
          ashes, and if we turn it into a chair then the direction of the time line
          will lead to that empty space amongst the living room furniture ...

          have fun (but watch where you send your line) ...

          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 3, 2001
            i see i see.

            Here's a situation that my friends and I discuss alot (because they
            like physics):
            A Cat is in a box. Once the box is opened a gas is released and the
            cat dies. So, the cat in the closed box is both alive and dead.

            Yep, that's it.
          • Eduard Alf
            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 4, 2001
              Luke,

              nope ... the cats dead ... definitely dead ... i heard that story before ...
              so i went out and found the box ... and opened it ... and i can tell you
              truthfully ... THE CATS DEAD ... i killed the cat ... you can inform your
              friends that the story is over, unless they want to do it on TNN ...

              have fun (but dont tell the cat) ...