RE: [existlist] answer no. 4

  • Eduard Alf
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 2, 2001
      Yulian,

      yes ... for that instance when you are looking at the couch (lets call it a
      bench, since i dont know how to spell it either), it is the object that you
      use to sit on ... however, what im getting at is that an awareness that it
      was once a tree ... im suggesting that this is more than awareness ... that
      the tree is part of the time line of the bench and is very real ... for
      example, somewhere in a forest somewhere there is an empty space which was
      the tree that you chopped down to make the bench ... that space is also a
      non-tree ... so if you were counting the forest you would have 9,999 trees
      and one non-tree ... so your bench continues to have a certain reality in
      its past ... im saying that objects are not static .. they are a moment in a
      process ... just as a car is also some ore in a mine somewhere ... and your
      morning cereal is also a crop in a field somewhere ...

      have fun ...

      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 2, 2001
        So if someone dies, rot in earth and become dirt, then they are still there as a non-person ? And that dirt is still a person ??

        Respectfully submitted.

        " Magic is a way of life. "
      • Eduard Alf
        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 2, 2001
          Yulian,

          yes ... if you consider "dirt" as being the materials that come from the
          body ... hey did you see where some scientist .. i think in the netherlands
          is working on a means to make dead people into fertilizer ... sounds good to
          me ...

          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 2, 2001
            eduard

            is it like the tramalfadorians (spelling?) from slaughterhouse five? They
            see in four dimensions. If they saw me for example, they will see me as i
            was, is and will be.

            Sweaters
          • Eduard Alf
            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 3, 2001
              Luke,

              i guess im not succeeding in being clear .. let me try again ... in physics
              there is the idea of probability ... that is you cant simultaneously
              determine the location and speed of something ... so think of a line that is
              of infinite length ... it is absolutely straight for essentially all of its
              length, except for one location which represents the present ... at this
              location you have a wave whose amplitude is distributed over a short
              distance .. at the precise location the amplitude is high and then lessens
              to either side ... it is like a little bulge in the line ... i see this as
              the same as a photon of light which can be both a wave and a particle at the
              same time ... so you as Luke are on your time line ... you exist in only one
              location which is the present and you flow along the time line from the past
              to the future ... now, the future is not fixed ... the choices that you make
              in the present can change the direction of the line ...

              that is what im getting at in saying the table is the present display on its
              time line ... it does not exist in the past (to the left on the line) but we
              are aware of where it was since the line leads to that empty space
              (non-tree) in the forest ... and it does not exist in the future (to the
              right on the line) ... the future or direction of the line is dependent upon
              what is done today ... if we throw it in the fire, the direction is to
              ashes, and if we turn it into a chair then the direction of the time line
              will lead to that empty space amongst the living room furniture ...

              have fun (but watch where you send your line) ...

              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 3, 2001
                i see i see.

                Here's a situation that my friends and I discuss alot (because they
                like physics):
                A Cat is in a box. Once the box is opened a gas is released and the
                cat dies. So, the cat in the closed box is both alive and dead.

                Yep, that's it.
              • Eduard Alf
                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 4, 2001
                  Luke,

                  nope ... the cats dead ... definitely dead ... i heard that story before ...
                  so i went out and found the box ... and opened it ... and i can tell you
                  truthfully ... THE CATS DEAD ... i killed the cat ... you can inform your
                  friends that the story is over, unless they want to do it on TNN ...

                  have fun (but dont tell the cat) ...