RE: [existlist] answer no. 4

  • Eduard Alf
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 1 3:28 PM
      Yulian,

      i suppose ... but the idea here is not specifically within science .. i know
      that Hawkings got into time lines, but mostly for black holes ... what im
      offering here is that objects are really an isolated moment within a process
      ... that if you make a choice now, then you affect the time line ... so ones
      decisions have to be more than just what you see now ... i suppose that we
      already know that ... but it is not often put into words ... and is not
      applied to everything ....

      have fun ...

      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 1 10:28 PM
        as monty python said

        "Life is evolving, revolving, at 50,000 miles and hour"

        Yep. Time and stuff. Didn't Einstein say time was relativte. Wasn't I who
        always mentioned relativity.

        Sarcastic me
        sweaters

      • Eduard Alf
        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 2 6:13 AM
          Luke,

          you miss the point ... i guess im not being too clear ... the thing is not
          evolution or movement through time ... the idea is that an object is a
          process and includes both its past and its future, whatever that future may
          be ... it is Taoist ... i suppose i have not yet gotten the concept right
          myself, since i cant express it clearly ...

          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 2 7:28 AM
            Eduard ...

            For a rock it is kinda obvious statement ...
            For something like a tree you might make a coutch from it, but it's still a wooden coutch - as in "made of a tree".
            Only for humans would it make any meaning.

            In objects it's a pointless discussion you are comming with weither their essence or existence comes first - or rather a triviality. If you make a coutch (though it comes from a tree) the essence of a coutch comes first in that you are building from an by you thought up idea ... The tree as existing as a tree would in the making of the coutch be lost in that its physical properties goes into a natural process. After all, you wont claim that you are a "soon to be rot"; you are defining yourself from what you actually is. And probably also from your relations to things in your case. The bedst description of any person would be that "he is" and nothing but that.

            No sence
            Yulian

            Respectfully submitted.

            " Magic is a way of life. "
          • Eduard Alf
            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 2 11:44 AM
              Yulian,

              yes ... for that instance when you are looking at the couch (lets call it a
              bench, since i dont know how to spell it either), it is the object that you
              use to sit on ... however, what im getting at is that an awareness that it
              was once a tree ... im suggesting that this is more than awareness ... that
              the tree is part of the time line of the bench and is very real ... for
              example, somewhere in a forest somewhere there is an empty space which was
              the tree that you chopped down to make the bench ... that space is also a
              non-tree ... so if you were counting the forest you would have 9,999 trees
              and one non-tree ... so your bench continues to have a certain reality in
              its past ... im saying that objects are not static .. they are a moment in a
              process ... just as a car is also some ore in a mine somewhere ... and your
              morning cereal is also a crop in a field somewhere ...

              have fun ...

              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 2 12:30 PM
                So if someone dies, rot in earth and become dirt, then they are still there as a non-person ? And that dirt is still a person ??

                Respectfully submitted.

                " Magic is a way of life. "
              • Eduard Alf
                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 2 3:51 PM
                  Yulian,

                  yes ... if you consider "dirt" as being the materials that come from the
                  body ... hey did you see where some scientist .. i think in the netherlands
                  is working on a means to make dead people into fertilizer ... sounds good to
                  me ...

                  Message 8 of 25 , Jun 2 11:57 PM
                    eduard

                    is it like the tramalfadorians (spelling?) from slaughterhouse five? They
                    see in four dimensions. If they saw me for example, they will see me as i
                    was, is and will be.

                    Sweaters
                  • Eduard Alf
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jun 3 6:05 AM
                      Luke,

                      i guess im not succeeding in being clear .. let me try again ... in physics
                      there is the idea of probability ... that is you cant simultaneously
                      determine the location and speed of something ... so think of a line that is
                      of infinite length ... it is absolutely straight for essentially all of its
                      length, except for one location which represents the present ... at this
                      location you have a wave whose amplitude is distributed over a short
                      distance .. at the precise location the amplitude is high and then lessens
                      to either side ... it is like a little bulge in the line ... i see this as
                      the same as a photon of light which can be both a wave and a particle at the
                      same time ... so you as Luke are on your time line ... you exist in only one
                      location which is the present and you flow along the time line from the past
                      to the future ... now, the future is not fixed ... the choices that you make
                      in the present can change the direction of the line ...

                      that is what im getting at in saying the table is the present display on its
                      time line ... it does not exist in the past (to the left on the line) but we
                      are aware of where it was since the line leads to that empty space
                      (non-tree) in the forest ... and it does not exist in the future (to the
                      right on the line) ... the future or direction of the line is dependent upon
                      what is done today ... if we throw it in the fire, the direction is to
                      ashes, and if we turn it into a chair then the direction of the time line
                      will lead to that empty space amongst the living room furniture ...

                      have fun (but watch where you send your line) ...

                      Message 10 of 25 , Jun 3 10:47 PM
                        i see i see.

                        Here's a situation that my friends and I discuss alot (because they
                        like physics):
                        A Cat is in a box. Once the box is opened a gas is released and the
                        cat dies. So, the cat in the closed box is both alive and dead.

                        Yep, that's it.
                      • Eduard Alf
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jun 4 4:17 AM
                          Luke,

                          nope ... the cats dead ... definitely dead ... i heard that story before ...
                          so i went out and found the box ... and opened it ... and i can tell you
                          truthfully ... THE CATS DEAD ... i killed the cat ... you can inform your
                          friends that the story is over, unless they want to do it on TNN ...

                          have fun (but dont tell the cat) ...