Why?

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2003
      Odd you should fall for a wild assed Irishman. Rebellion? Curiosoity?
      Could you have been a bit daft yourself? Bill
    • Mary Jo Malo
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 1, 2003
        All of the above/below. Jo

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 23, 2004
          Jo, He will be elected because he has manipulated events so that
          there is no other choice. Today I read a long news release by the
          chairman of CVX. He very rationally explained how we must drill in
          ANWAR and deep shelf areas. He explained how we must build new
          refinerys. In the situation of the present, with no political will to
          change, with no counterfource or opinion, he is "Right On". Power
          manipulates the present to form the future. The counterforce of
          wisened opinion does not presently exist. You may lie in the way of
          the busses taking your children to the killing fields but you will
          act in futility. You will be gassed and beaten into submission. I
          have personally watched this spectacle but I will not again. There
          are other places to be and better sights to see. The fat, lazy left
          has already failed. The greedy middle waits to be told. The exhausted
          right calls for reinforcement but hears only the farts of the fat.
          Pretty, very pretty. Bill
        • dick.richardson@rocketmail.com
          Message 4 of 10 , May 13, 2010
            Why?

            [Dick, With my assistance you are the talk of The List. ]

            William, it seems that fate has had it that I have been the talk of four
            hundred groups (that I know of at least) Why? I never set out looking
            for war, fights, discord, enemies, etc; and never once did I start it.
            But, if it gets hot in the kitchen then I will stick out it.

            [ Even the contemplative Mary , finds you a problem]

            My family find me to be a problem. Everybody finds me to be a problem,
            except the animals; why? And keep in mind that if one were after friends
            (which I ain't) then you can chose them, but you cannot choose your
            family. Or maybe you know that.

            [ Tom listed Hawkins accomplishments and they are many. What say thee
            ,nave? Even Wil, who I have only managed to piss off once [to my
            knowledge] is in the hunt for your head.]

            It seems that everybody wants my head. I must be the most vile person
            ever to walk the face of the earth. But they can have my head (a) it
            might wake them up and (b) I have had it far long enough, thanks. As for
            the listings of Tom :- ) Let him carry on making his lists :- ))

            [As you and I have learned it is necessary in these internet games to
            have a place of shelter.]

            I don't need a shelter thanks. And if any of them want to cone and
            thrash it out to my face they are welcome, any time, any day. Many have
            said that before, but they did not come. Some did in the old days before
            computers. That was fun. Oh by the way, I had a shelter in 1940, that
            did not work either.

            [I will let you back in Neoex when you want it. ]

            Thank you kindly sir, but I don't want to be on any groups. I went
            there (at invitation) for twelve years. Another mistake which I forgot
            to mention last time. Just write your book and don't bother to
            communicate with them. SIMPLE !

            [Mary is most taken with thinking about thought ]

            :- ) Well, that does not surprise me :- )))

            [ Now I just know basic brain physiology but you have further exposure
            to the subject. Your consciousness studies might further enlighten them
            or piss them off even more.]

            Well, write a book about what you know. I will keep what I know to
            myself from here on in. I did not set out to piss people off. It just
            panned out that way. They must by highly piss-off-able. Gormless
            bastards !

            [I have a list of my own. I call it Europeans that should be deposed ]

            Just shoot them, it would be quicker and it saves time. Also more up
            your street from what I have heard you say in the past. At least this
            English brat stays home – I like it here, it is so pretty and
            charming.

            [Fear not ,you are not on it----yet. The Pope, the Queen of England, BP
            are my present members.]

            Personally I would not shoot anybody, unless being attacked on my own
            territory in a war. As for the Queen, she is a harmless old cow, no
            problem to anybody, and I think she has tried to perform her function
            well enough – more than her sloppy headed kids have. It must be a
            real shitty job. As for the killing Popes, it is far too late in the day
            to do that, and it would effect nothing and make no change. They should
            have been cut down in the bud two thousand years ago.

            [ By the way some call Des Moines, Death Moan. Try living among
            insurance men surrounded by farmers. Believe me, it is not the cradle of
            liberty. Bill ]

            :- ) I can imagine. I know farmers here well, been living among them
            for fifty years. They are OK and hard working. And at least they grow
            food for us to eat. It sure ain't an easy job, and they are paid
            extremely poorly for doing it. Just one of the million things I would
            change if I had the chance to.

            Dick Richardson

          • William
            Message 5 of 10 , May 13, 2010
              --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "dick.richardson@..." <dick.richardson@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > to do that, and it would effect nothing and make no change. They should
              > have been cut down in the bud two thousand years ago.
              >

              > [ By the way some call Des Moines, Death Moan. Try living among
              > insurance men surrounded by farmers. Believe me, it is not the cradle of
              > liberty. Bill ]
              >

              > :- ) I can imagine. I know farmers here well, been living among them
              > for fifty years. They are OK and hard working. And at least they grow
              > food for us to eat. It sure ain't an easy job, and they are paid
              > extremely poorly for doing it. Just one of the million things I would
              > change if I had the chance to.
              >

              > Dick Richardson
              > Dick, I doubt you had great intellectual involvment with The Mickey Mouse Club. It was a Yankee thing. The Master of Ceremonies
              > Would scream at the Mousekateers,Why? And they would scream back,"Because we like You" .
              Thats why Dick, Because we like you. Bill

            • dick.richardson@rocketmail.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 29, 2010
                Why?

                Why? The wealth and the beauty of life adorned and robed in this
                poverty and rags. It need not be so. That is why. I instinctively knew
                it was when I first saw it, but I did not know why. Now I know why. A
                fitting end? No, just a fitting beginning. You cannot begin to cure
                until you know what is wrong. And when you know what is wrong then you
                can begin to put it right. But it takes a long time to learn what is
                wrong with it, and guessing does not supply the answer. But the answer
                is found; and then one can begin to work on the cure. If and when done
                then life here will not be robed in poverty, rags and wretchedness; and
                those rivers of tears will be no more in the valley twix life here and
                death. That is the task ahead of Man now. That is why the story must be
                told. Something out here is in need. And that is it. The ugly brute
                must become a Prince, as is fitting of its real nature from whence it
                comes.

                rwr

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 29, 2010
                  Because there are too many Beasts and not enough Belles to go around. If they haven't experienced transcendence and must trust you, their hope is in a life to come. how is this different than faith? I have no problem with your diagnosis and cure, but with everyone in different places of understanding, how do you apply the cure? Mary

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 29, 2010
                    The process itself work on the individual and aided and abetted by the
                    individual themselves, and that is always personal. But as to the outer
                    world and society at large then one can only encourage – and hope
                    that they go for it. But it cannot be given to them by anybody. That is
                    between life, the forces which shape their being, and themselves
                    individually. But as the old true saying goes, if they each got
                    themselves right then the whole would get gradually better. When left to
                    evolution alone it takes too long. It needs speeding up by will and
                    intention, and we can do that. And yes you are right, at the moment
                    there are far too may beasts and not enough princes. Tis all about the
                    inner beauty and the inner beast isn't it, and always was. And when
                    the frog gets a certain kind of kiss, it becomes a prince. Tis like
                    pulling that metaphorical sword from the stone. Knowing what you are
                    encourages becoming what you are. And there is no option but to try and
                    encourage others. Even if it means kicking them in the balls if they
                    need it. Anything to wake them up.