Understanding the inane

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
      Jo, If I recall correctly, you were also in catholic bondage. Mine
      were strict, Irish catholics with the constant reality of corporal
      dicipline. They would beat the shit out of us. Today they call such
      coercion brainwashing. I see a nun and I want to tear her throat out.
      Notice how the kid bunging priests had the supreme audacity to
      affront the queers in their attempt at gay marrage. Were there a
      hell they could not make it hot enough for those bastards. Bill
    • Mary Jo Malo
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
        I was the victim of abandonment and intellectual violence but spared
        physical violence. Too meek. Too good. Self-sacrifice and loving my
        enemy were the virtues I adopted while waiting for someone to care
        about. It's very easy to love an invisible gentle Jesus. It served me
        well until I faced the real world of grown-ups who had their own ways
        of surviving. Jo