Re: [existlist] Re: Alice Chases le Duard

  • eduard at home
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 25, 2003
      Klyde Von Frankenstein,

      > Would you be pissed off at someone who gave you life even
      if it were
      > as a monster...I don't know. Children seem to get pissed
      off anyway.

      === What is your point?? Are you saying that since
      "children seem to get pissed off anyway", then they should
      not be bothered about being brought into the world as a
      monster??

      eduard
    • Knott
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 25, 2003
        > === What is your point?? Are you saying that since
        > "children seem to get pissed off anyway", then they should
        > not be bothered about being brought into the world as a
        > monster??

        unless you are one of those sad saps that would like to blame your parents for your
        obvious mental deficiencies, perhaps you do see the point then that: YES, if life is a
        good thing, monster, moron, mojo, or mentor you may be glad to have life. If not,
        you'd not have it.

        Zimple Town
      • eduard at home
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 25, 2003
          Zimple Town,

          It is one thing to come into the world, realise you are a
          monster and then mentally overcome it. And an entirely
          different thing to find out that your parents purposely made
          you a monster. Of course, that may well be beyond you to
          understand, considering that you are a Zimple Town ...

          Sponsor ---------------------~-->
          > Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson,
          Canon or Lexmark
          > Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to
          the US & Canada.
          > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
          > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/ACsqlB/TM
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Knott
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 26, 2003
            > It is one thing to come into the world, realise you are a
            > monster and then mentally overcome it. And an entirely
            > different thing to find out that your parents purposely made
            > you a monster.

            Well, I am not sure. Does one consider a genetically engineered child to be a monster?
            If so, then it must be that all are, and not just some which you happen to find more
            aesthetically pleasing. This would almost necessarily lead to contridiction on your
            part as an exclusively ugly human is just as monsterous as an exclusively beautiful
            one -- just as intelligence on one end of the scale stands out as unusual. if you argue
            that beauty is in the eye, then the parents creating the armless child did it out of
            'wonderful' emotions of 'love' and 'etc.' The child should be glad.

            Why can't you "mentally overcome" that your parents loved you enough to make you
            an artwork? so what if you can't join the fencing club...

            Markov Zorro
          • eduard at home
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 26, 2003
              Markov Zorro,

              I suppose I would have to be patient, and attempt to lead
              you through this a bit at a time. But then I doubt that we
              would get anywhere, as this is obviously leading into
              another debate on blue clams and such.

              > > It is one thing to come into the world, realise you are
              > > monster and then mentally overcome it. And an entirely
              > > different thing to find out that your parents purposely
              made
              > > you a monster.
              >
              > Well, I am not sure. Does one consider a genetically
              engineered child to be a monster?
              > If so, then it must be that all are, and not just some
              which you happen to find more
              > aesthetically pleasing. This would almost necessarily lead
              to contridiction on your
              > part as an exclusively ugly human is just as monsterous as
              an exclusively beautiful
              > one -- just as intelligence on one end of the scale stands
              out as unusual. if you argue
              > that beauty is in the eye, then the parents creating the
              armless child did it out of
              > 'wonderful' emotions of 'love' and 'etc.' The child should
              be glad.

              > Why can't you "mentally overcome" that your parents loved
              you enough to make you
              > an artwork? so what if you can't join the fencing club...
              >
              > Markov Zorro
              >

              > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups
              Sponsor ---------------------~-->
              > Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson,
              Canon or Lexmark
              > Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to
              the US & Canada.
              > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
              > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/ACsqlB/TM
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Mary Jo Malo
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 26, 2003
                Fictive Parrot,

                You are a blast. Even your 'handle' is hysterical. Aren't we all
                fictive parrots? Like Bill said, you're a piece of work. I see you as
                an artist as well, sculpting your persona and reality as you go. In
                this monsters' ball, necessity really is the mother of invention.
                Philosophically speaking, we take it and make it as we go.

                Jo

                --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Knott" <god@t...> wrote:
                > > It is one thing to come into the world, realise you are a
                > > monster and then mentally overcome it. And an entirely
                > > different thing to find out that your parents purposely made
                > > you a monster.
                >
                > Well, I am not sure. Does one consider a genetically engineered
                child to be a monster?
                > If so, then it must be that all are, and not just some which you
                happen to find more
                > aesthetically pleasing. This would almost necessarily lead to
                contridiction on your
                > part as an exclusively ugly human is just as monsterous as an
                exclusively beautiful
                > one -- just as intelligence on one end of the scale stands out as
                unusual. if you argue
                > that beauty is in the eye, then the parents creating the armless
                child did it out of
                > 'wonderful' emotions of 'love' and 'etc.' The child should be glad.
                >
                > Why can't you "mentally overcome" that your parents loved you
                enough to make you
                > an artwork? so what if you can't join the fencing club...
                >
                > Markov Zorro
              • Knott
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 27, 2003
                  > I suppose I would have to be patient, and attempt to lead
                  > you through this a bit at a time. But then I doubt that we
                  > would get anywhere, as this is obviously leading into
                  > another debate on blue clams and such.

                  This "someplace" -- that you have a dream or fantasy of ANY discussion leading to
                  -- would be something i'd certainly call into question. If 'someplace' is an agreement
                  by parties, we can pretty much be assured that your logistical vector will probably
                  never meet mine...probably having to do with the 'science' of plains.

                  I would be glad to hear why in your world MONSTER != MONSTER (!= should be a
                  symbol for 'does not equal'), and how one appreciates one monster more than
                  another--or how one can justify dissatisfaction with self by replacing it with blame
                  (not at all an existentialist view, please see county and discussion group guidelines --
                  lest your account be terminated).

                  Not to project, but I do think it is when the discussion unravels from your neatnick
                  perspective into a gnarled mass that dissolves orderly progression, you either become
                  too lazy to see it through, or too afraid that the end point might not be to your liking
                  -- every pencil in place.

                  My guess is you keep a neat desk, and the pencil holder never moves.

                  Pigpeneus Breathecadus