[existlist] answer no. 3

  • Yulian K. Gaard
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 1, 2001
      *points at williams yelling; "Positivist ! Burn the 'vist !!!"*

      Okey more constructive ...
      Noone have ever disprooven god.

      Respectfully submitted.

      " Magic is a way of life. "
    • William Harris
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 1, 2001
        Yulian, Not disprove, Kill! Bill

        "Yulian K. Gaard" wrote:

        > *points at williams yelling; "Positivist ! Burn the 'vist !!!"*
        >
        > Okey more constructive ...
        > Noone have ever disprooven god.
        >
        > Respectfully submitted.
        >
        > " Magic is a way of life. "

      • Yulian K. Gaard
        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 1, 2001
          Noone have killed god neither.
          Sartre claim to, but it is invalid in that there is a simple exception - and in that he defined the concept of god logically and found that he couldent wich was his "killing".

          Respectfully submitted.

          " Magic is a way of life. "
        • William Harris
          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 1, 2001
            Yulian, Aslong as you are happy, Bill

            "Yulian K. Gaard" wrote:

            > Noone have killed god neither.
            > Sartre claim to, but it is invalid in that there is a simple exception - and in that he defined the concept of god logically and found that he couldent wich was his "killing".
            >
            > Respectfully submitted.
            >
            > " Magic is a way of life. "

          • Eduard Alf
            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 1, 2001
              Bill,

              actually the bookdock keeps me on my toes ... i think we would not have fun
              without him ....

              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 1, 2001
                Yulian,

                wait for answer no. 4 ... im working on that ...

                have fun ...

                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 1, 2001
                  hey folks,

                  isnt this getting a bit off the subject ...

                  Message 8 of 25 , Jun 1, 2001
                    But I'm bored ... And kinda just deleted the last few days of mail as I was busy studying Sartre, Kierkegaard and Existentialism in general =)=)=)

                    Respectfully submitted.

                    " Magic is a way of life. "
                  • Eduard Alf
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jun 1, 2001
                      Yulian et folks,

                      sorry to hear you are bored ... the following is answer no. 4 which may be
                      of interest ...

                      4. everything is flowing ... the table is not just a table ... it is the
                      present appearance and includes the tree from which it came and the ashes
                      which it is to become ... like a momentary fluctuation in a time line ...

                      have fun ...

                        Message 11 of 25 , Jun 1, 2001
                          Yulian,

                          yep ... my own ... although i dont know what "relativistic positivistic"
                          means ...

                          think of a long string, held tight ... this represents the time line from
                          start to finish ... then think of a fluctuation at some point in the string
                          (say the middle) ... the string has only one dimension; its length ... the
                          fluctuation or vibration adds other dimensions ... if just up and down, then
                          it has two dimensions ... if up, down and back and forth, then it has three
                          dimensions ... the location of the fluctuation can be seen as akin to time
                          ... so the string or time line, changes into our four dimensional universe
                          and the thing which is the fluctuation suddenly appears ... in the case of
                          the table the fluctuation is in our present time, and it appears as a table
                          ... in past time it may have been a fluctuation as a tree ...

                          of course everything has a time line and these all cross in the present ...
                          the time line for the wood of the table crosses with the time line for the
                          bolts that attach the legs ...

                          can one extend this idea to god ... in that god is also a fluctuation that
                          appears in our time? ...

                          have fun ... im going to take a nap ... thinking is exhausting ...

                          Message 12 of 25 , Jun 1, 2001
                            Eduard,

                            "relativistic positivistic"
                            Posetivism is a line of thinking where 'science' and especially physics and math is the ideal. Big part of the thinking included is that all things is determined (decided) by factors such as society, biology, molecule structures, chemestry ect. and that those sciences can 'predict the future' if they have enough information.

                            Relativism means that you think that everything is dependant on the others, here especially ment the place in history and society ...

                            Thinking
                            Yulian

                            Respectfully submitted.

                            " Magic is a way of life. "
                          • Eduard Alf
                            Message 13 of 25 , Jun 1, 2001
                              Yulian,

                              i suppose ... but the idea here is not specifically within science .. i know
                              that Hawkings got into time lines, but mostly for black holes ... what im
                              offering here is that objects are really an isolated moment within a process
                              ... that if you make a choice now, then you affect the time line ... so ones
                              decisions have to be more than just what you see now ... i suppose that we
                              already know that ... but it is not often put into words ... and is not
                              applied to everything ....

                              have fun ...

                              Message 14 of 25 , Jun 1, 2001
                                as monty python said

                                "Life is evolving, revolving, at 50,000 miles and hour"

                                Yep. Time and stuff. Didn't Einstein say time was relativte. Wasn't I who
                                always mentioned relativity.

                                Sarcastic me
                                sweaters

                              • Eduard Alf
                                Message 15 of 25 , Jun 2, 2001
                                  Luke,

                                  you miss the point ... i guess im not being too clear ... the thing is not
                                  evolution or movement through time ... the idea is that an object is a
                                  process and includes both its past and its future, whatever that future may
                                  be ... it is Taoist ... i suppose i have not yet gotten the concept right
                                  myself, since i cant express it clearly ...

                                  Message 16 of 25 , Jun 2, 2001
                                    Eduard ...

                                    For a rock it is kinda obvious statement ...
                                    For something like a tree you might make a coutch from it, but it's still a wooden coutch - as in "made of a tree".
                                    Only for humans would it make any meaning.

                                    In objects it's a pointless discussion you are comming with weither their essence or existence comes first - or rather a triviality. If you make a coutch (though it comes from a tree) the essence of a coutch comes first in that you are building from an by you thought up idea ... The tree as existing as a tree would in the making of the coutch be lost in that its physical properties goes into a natural process. After all, you wont claim that you are a "soon to be rot"; you are defining yourself from what you actually is. And probably also from your relations to things in your case. The bedst description of any person would be that "he is" and nothing but that.

                                    No sence
                                    Yulian

                                    Respectfully submitted.

                                    " Magic is a way of life. "
                                  • Eduard Alf
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Jun 2, 2001
                                      Yulian,

                                      yes ... for that instance when you are looking at the couch (lets call it a
                                      bench, since i dont know how to spell it either), it is the object that you
                                      use to sit on ... however, what im getting at is that an awareness that it
                                      was once a tree ... im suggesting that this is more than awareness ... that
                                      the tree is part of the time line of the bench and is very real ... for
                                      example, somewhere in a forest somewhere there is an empty space which was
                                      the tree that you chopped down to make the bench ... that space is also a
                                      non-tree ... so if you were counting the forest you would have 9,999 trees
                                      and one non-tree ... so your bench continues to have a certain reality in
                                      its past ... im saying that objects are not static .. they are a moment in a
                                      process ... just as a car is also some ore in a mine somewhere ... and your
                                      morning cereal is also a crop in a field somewhere ...

                                      have fun ...

                                      Message 18 of 25 , Jun 2, 2001
                                        So if someone dies, rot in earth and become dirt, then they are still there as a non-person ? And that dirt is still a person ??

                                        Respectfully submitted.

                                        " Magic is a way of life. "
                                      • Eduard Alf
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Jun 2, 2001
                                          Yulian,

                                          yes ... if you consider "dirt" as being the materials that come from the
                                          body ... hey did you see where some scientist .. i think in the netherlands
                                          is working on a means to make dead people into fertilizer ... sounds good to
                                          me ...

                                          Message 20 of 25 , Jun 2, 2001

                                            is it like the tramalfadorians (spelling?) from slaughterhouse five? They
                                            see in four dimensions. If they saw me for example, they will see me as i
                                            was, is and will be.

                                            Sweaters
                                          • Eduard Alf
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Jun 3, 2001
                                              Luke,

                                              i guess im not succeeding in being clear .. let me try again ... in physics
                                              there is the idea of probability ... that is you cant simultaneously
                                              determine the location and speed of something ... so think of a line that is
                                              of infinite length ... it is absolutely straight for essentially all of its
                                              length, except for one location which represents the present ... at this
                                              location you have a wave whose amplitude is distributed over a short
                                              distance .. at the precise location the amplitude is high and then lessens
                                              to either side ... it is like a little bulge in the line ... i see this as
                                              the same as a photon of light which can be both a wave and a particle at the
                                              same time ... so you as Luke are on your time line ... you exist in only one
                                              location which is the present and you flow along the time line from the past
                                              to the future ... now, the future is not fixed ... the choices that you make
                                              in the present can change the direction of the line ...

                                              that is what im getting at in saying the table is the present display on its
                                              time line ... it does not exist in the past (to the left on the line) but we
                                              are aware of where it was since the line leads to that empty space
                                              (non-tree) in the forest ... and it does not exist in the future (to the
                                              right on the line) ... the future or direction of the line is dependent upon
                                              what is done today ... if we throw it in the fire, the direction is to
                                              ashes, and if we turn it into a chair then the direction of the time line
                                              will lead to that empty space amongst the living room furniture ...

                                              have fun (but watch where you send your line) ...

                                              Message 22 of 25 , Jun 3, 2001
                                                i see i see.

                                                Here's a situation that my friends and I discuss alot (because they
                                                like physics):
                                                A Cat is in a box. Once the box is opened a gas is released and the
                                                cat dies. So, the cat in the closed box is both alive and dead.

                                                Yep, that's it.
                                              • Eduard Alf
                                                Message 23 of 25 , Jun 4, 2001
                                                  Luke,

                                                  nope ... the cats dead ... definitely dead ... i heard that story before ...
                                                  so i went out and found the box ... and opened it ... and i can tell you
                                                  truthfully ... THE CATS DEAD ... i killed the cat ... you can inform your
                                                  friends that the story is over, unless they want to do it on TNN ...

                                                  have fun (but dont tell the cat) ...