RE: [existlist] tangents and excepts

  • Eduard Alf
    Message 1 of 20 , May 31, 2001
      dear rubbing.lamps.wishing,

      hmmmm the bookduck disagrees and then rants on ... providing no real
      explanation ...

      anyone can see objective data objectively ... if i say that one can look at
      something from above and report what is seen objectively, you will counter
      with what about seeing it from the bottom or any of 360 degrees from the
      side ... of course it will be different from different directions ...

      a lot was popularly believed in the middle ages ... like flies appearing
      spontaneously from exposed meet ...the fact is that those who had a
      sufficient level of learning were aware that the earth was round ... the
      crucial question was how long one had to sail to get from one side to the
      other ... from Spain to riches of China ... you could only carry a certain
      amount of provisions on a ship and the expected speed was known ... it does
      not take too much to do the calculation ... but Liz was prepared to take the
      risk, considering that the alternate route around africa was also long and
      held by the portuguese ...

      sure, there are still people that think the earth is flat ... there are also
      people who believe in blue clams ...

      i think in many dimensions ... at least more than the constraints of your
      imagination which has only the one of negativity ...

      it is not that tangents and exceptions do not exist ... it is just that they
      are not part of the discussion ... im sure that in the controversy as to who
      would be the next president of the united states, that your contribution was
      something of the order of the events of Ted Kennedy's last escapade ... it
      is beyond me how you can think you are seeking to get to the bottom of what
      exists by talking about everything else, including snails, the blind and
      dead humans ... but then how can a person who does not even know that he
      exists do any revealing ...

      have fun (if you are in the same universe) ...

      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 1, 2001
        <<hmmmm the bookduck disagrees and then rants on ... providing no real
        explanation ...>>

        I would rebut had I the slightest notion that you would a)
        understand, or b) try.

        The only thing I will say is the perspective I had taken was a mostly
        logical one. You make grand leaps, and the 'tangents' are those
        details you'd prefer to ignore. That you can't seem to fathom that
        there is a difference between thought and belief is not surprising
        considering the slim grasp you appear to have on conceptualizing and
        perception. Your inability to entertain different means, modes and
        perspectives only adds to a deaded lack of possibility in exploring
        understanding. Perhaps I was taking the long way around to a solid
        beginning. That would require a and b. But I am in no position to
        make rules as is der got alfen.

        I'll not bother more. It seems, suddenly, to have become somewhat
        less interesting. And there are busy things to do.

        I thank all for the entertainment. May your beaches be full of clams
        in whatever color you prefer, and be you not less human than a snail
        for many long happy years.