Arnold and the law

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 17, 2003
      Terminator 3 could certainly be fit in with the senseless violence
      of a nihilistic time. Now we see the terminator himself, endlessly
      complexed, becoming the head of state in California. Would Boris
      Karloff have stood a chance against Pat Brown? Why is Eunice Kennedy
      supporting a Republican? Is the two party system no longer relevant
      to the necessities of present politics?
      Boris karloff did not want or need to be a political figure. Eunice
      Kennedys brother crossed the line, he was a president who became a
      star. We used to understand the clear line between entertainment and
      the law.
      I do not think it wrong for stars to go into politics but I do
      think it most unfortunate we elect them. The problem is the law
      itself. The law has been asked to replace individual responsibility
      and no system can respond to the myriad of situations life presents.
      The law has become the exclusive tool of the terrified mass fleeing
      from the out of control few. Now we have over legislated our system
      to the point where any law is diluted, lessned. It is very difficult
      to deliniate important laws from the picune maze of unimportant over
      regulation. So in general the great mass of law looses respect
      amoung the population. Now we are beginning to lose confidence in
      the system to provide general order. We beg for the emperior, we
      elect the star in whom we put a blind faith. Our party system is
      blurred as we learch from desaster to cateclism. The law is no longer
      the answer as the imaginary personification of good is elected ruler.
      The constitution is our only legal refuge while a rational world
      view must emerge if we are to regain our sense of right position
      within the society. Bill
    • Mattlzpf@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 19, 2003
        I sit this morning out in front of a Starbucks coffee house, like a
        good American lad. As I look to the table on my right I see the front page of
        today's newspaper, it is disheveled and was obviously read in a gigantic hurry
        while trying to beat the morning rush hour traffic. I see the main headline
        and picture which consists of our new Governor, a cyborg, standing behind a
        podium pointing a finger with an inticing look in his eye --oh and someone has
        written in a dialogue box next to his mouth, what is he saying? "Fuck You,
        Asshole!"

        --MATT_C