Re: Nihilism and the aesthetics of evil?

  • C. S. Wyatt
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 16, 2003
      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Mattlzpf@a... wrote:
      > Nietzsche wrote to his sister telling her that she is defaming his
      good name by marrying an anti-semite. Then he said that he was
      appalled that a person could actually have such prejudice.

      > --MATT_C

      Nietzsche did far more than write to his sister. For several months
      they did not speak. It was quite evident he would have nothing to do
      with his brother-in-law, nor the social/political movement he represented.

      Sadly, as I note on teh web site for this group, when Nietzsche's
      health began to decline he refused help from his sister. His sister
      begged Nietzsche to move with her and her husband to Paraguay with the
      intention of forming a commune. Nietzsche would do nothing of the
      sort. (And, in the end 'Lisabeth would ruin Nietzsche's name by
      speaking to Nazi groups.)

      It's ironic that Nietzsche's last days were spent confused and in the
      care of his sister and her nationalistic husband. I think he might
      have considered it a form of Hell to share a house with such a man.

      I hope to expand all the information on the Web site in time.
      Nietzsche might have been a tad sloppy with his early works, but he
      was a man of integrity and honor.

      - CSW