Is evil a name people give to a physical event

  • sorenkierkagaard
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2003
      1. Why wouldn't an individual suicide be a viable option in the
      same way one would discard toilet paper after its purpose has been
      fulfilled or does human existence have a magical purpose?
      2. If the idea of life after death is fallacious and no
      punishment awaits the author of his/her own extinction then why not
      return to our original state if our reasoning says to?
      3. Death may be nothing to us. Before it arrives we are
      afterward we aren't, right?
      4. This idea may be obviated if a supreme human in possession of
      superior knowledge states his/her philosophy concerning the vast
      importance of someone else's existence should prevail over the
      less
      astute who do not reject all existence but merely question various
      unpleasant aspects of it.
      5. Can God truly be stupid? Is God callous to suffering? Do
      these questions enlarge human understanding? Is God a psychological
      phenomenon not worthy of philosophical inquiry? If God doesn't
      exist
      then is the only object of consciousness material? If God in His sky
      is an empty specter then can humans be given supreme qualities or are
      they merely physical objects of scientific investigation whose only
      importance is their perceived function?
      6. If absolute knowledge doesn't exist then isn't evil or
      stupidity a matter of individual perception?
      7. Is stupidity only a description of a limited unit of
      measurement related to the sensory receptors so that a stupid dog
      with a magnified sense of smell can discover a dead body where a
      brilliant human cannot?
      8. Is intellectual arrogance motivated by important factors or
      merely an unhealthy desire for recognition in a world that cannot be
      proven meaningful by our inherent subjective natures?
      9. Is society more important than the individual? If it is
      murder is wrong. If the individual is more important then murder can
      be a correct decision because it is a matter of opinion and is one
      person's opinion more important than another. If one person's
      opinion
      is more important then should freedom of choice and thinking be
      restricted? If they are restricted then are they still free?