part two

  • sorenkierkagaard
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 8, 2003
      1. Was Dostoyevsky's point in "Crime and Punishment",
      that the
      human conscience betrays evil behavior? Do not an equal number of
      examples exist that indicate a conscience that allows evil? If this
      is so then aren't objective elements necessary for a uniformity
      of
      decent behavior the same way all human lungs need air?
      2. If moral behavior is objective why is it perceived
      subjectively? Alexander the Great, Socrates, Mother Teresa and
      Genghis Khan all possessed an objective moral code. They merely
      perceived it in different manners.
    • lesley lawson
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 9, 2003
        Dear all,

        I am a psych major studying in Geneva and am new to this list. I have to
        prepare a presentation on the philosophy of Simone de Beauvoir and how
        it differs from Sartre's. Can anyone give me any helpful urls/books/info
        on the subject?

        Many thanks and looking forward to becoming a useful member of your
        group.

        Kind regards,
        Lesley

        1. Was Dostoyevsky's point in "Crime and Punishment",
        that the
        human conscience betrays evil behavior? Do not an equal number of
        examples exist that indicate a conscience that allows evil? If this
        is so then aren't objective elements necessary for a uniformity of
        decent behavior the same way all human lungs need air?
        2. If moral behavior is objective why is it perceived
        subjectively? Alexander the Great, Socrates, Mother Teresa and
        Genghis Khan all possessed an objective moral code. They merely
        perceived it in different manners.

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/