Is an objective moral imperative subjective?

  • sorenkierkagaard
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2003
      1. I believe most action is in anticipation of the consequences
      immediate and future depending on the value one places on either.
      2. Is the concept of moral order a consequence of behavior
      based on subjective ideals?
      3. If examining the abyss is a meaningless pursuit cannot one
      speculate that not examining it is also a meaningless endeavor?
      4. Does any enterprise separate of the individual have meaning?
      5. If all humans are blind do paintings have intrinsic value
      independent of scholarly pursuit?
      6. Why do most Christians believe they are going to heaven?
      7. Do humans follow a moral code in anticipation of reward? If
      reward is removed from moral conduct will it abate? If it does then
      does this imply that viewing morality from the prism of objective
      reasoning may betray the true motivations that may be a method of
      rewarding the self while rationalizing higher ideals?
      8. Is moral authority subjective? If so I the subject can decide
      what actions are moral. If it is objective then what is the object
      outside myself that transforms it from my personal opinion?
      9. Does anyone in Hell think God is just?
      10. Does the self exist or did the Greeks invent it as a method
      of investigating the live objects attached to the consciousness we
      name our brains?