Re: [existlist] Living, breathing criminals

  • John Prior
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2003
      I have read your email and I have to respond,

      1. This is America so I am entitled to my opinion. This is my thought on life; I don't know if it applies...but here it goes

      Why do you stare
      To find I don't care
      That your insipid world is ending...

      As you sail down streams
      of broken dreams...
      your ship becomes too lost for mending

      Spare me your drama,Your saga
      THE DRAMA

      The devastation, the loss, the regret

      These words that you choose
      are for others to use...

      AND WOULD NEVER OCCUR TO THEM ANYWAY!

      (again, I said, I felt the need to share my point of view regarding the world. I don't know the situatiion you're in... But I know that the Lord loves you, and SO MUCH wants to let you in. LET ALL THINGS GO. BETTER IS HE THAT IS IN THAN HE WHO IS IN THE WORLD. NEJ through jp

      Angala Parkins <thesweetandinnocentone@...> wrote:
      You have to look at where (most) of these people come from. I am not just talking geographically, I mean that most humans live what they learn. I am not trying to make excuses for their behavior or justify it in any way but I think that there is more to it than to simplify the situation into the mere fact that they just hate authority and don't want to work. You must look at the level of education of them and their parents, you must look at the values that were or were not instilled in them, and you have to see the fact that they do not have much in the way of self esteem or motivation.
      To say that these everyday criminals just don't want to work is like saying that a battered woman can just leave. You must look at the dynamics of the whole picture.

      bhvwd <valleywestdental@...> wrote:
      I am not applying for credentials in criminology. Nor am I a
      criminal. If you were to ask what movie best portrays the better
      organised, career criminal, I would say it is Resevour Dogs.
      Criminals choose to not work. I really think that to be their most
      commom denominator. They consider work and especially a boss
      demeaning. Cops are the terminal boss. The joint is a work hazard.
      They are tough people who have had significant pain, try to avoid it,
      but are not terrified of it. An aquintance would on occasion pull
      up his shirt to show his bullet wounds. There were three. He did not
      want more but was not afraid to enter deadly force situations. These
      people were mission oriented. Most preferred female or their own
      company. Other criminals were more like business partners. They like
      cash and things that can be moved easily.
      I see the parallels with existential thought but these people are
      not philosophers. They do love their freedom but they hate work more.
      Most did not win in the competition for the better jobs and they
      could look forward to menial jobs and secondary status. They
      consider themselves better than that. Many think they will burn in
      eternal fire but they still will not bow to a life of low work.
      Actually when they are flush one could not find better companionship.
      The world taught these people early that they were losers and they
      refused to take the prescription.
      As to the nut ball sex killers you can say they are sick until they
      get too close. Then it becomes a self defense situation. I went to an
      inner city high school and still live in an area of the city known
      for criminal activity. I do not want to fight any of these people
      but I am not terrified of them. In many ways I prefer their company
      to the tyrrany of extremist law from the right and left. It is all
      about how you prefer to take your risks.

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT