Re: Where do you find meaning?

  • Yana Youhana
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 26, 1999
      Christopher,

      While back I asked if anybody could summerize in one sentence
      what is existential and no one did BUT here you have said it
      so perfectly, I want to thank you! However I have one question
      of you and that is, are you always in this state of mind or perhaps
      if you had something dramatic happened to you or some1 you loved
      would make you feel different at times?
      Also, I do beleive in universal
      force and I "think" it is you and I and everybody and everything else
      "TOGETHER" that makes that force. without all there would NOT be
      any force and if there was, we would not know if we did NOT exist.
      What I am trying to say is if I die, the universal force dies with
      me because I would NOT "BE" to feel it. does that make sense?

      ~yana

      >From: existlist1@...
      >To: existlist@onelist.com
      >Subject: [existlist] Where do you find meaning?
      >Date: 26 Oct 1999 07:56:33 -0000
      >
      >One of the most common e-mail message subjects I receive is: "Why don't you
      >just kill yourself if you are existential?" (I don't count the "DIE YOU
      >G-DLESS JEW!" messages. At least some people figure out that G-d means I am
      >of either Jewish or Muslim heritage.)
      >
      >So... the point of this is a quest for meaning. I find my meaning in what I
      >am at the moment. I know that in the "big picture" there is nothing, so why
      >not make the most of the now? But is there something more? I do think there
      >is a universal "force" -- but I know not what that is.
      >
      >Any thoughts? What is existential meaning? Can there be one? Some
      >existentialists were people of faith.
      >
      >- CSW

      >From The Exist List...
      >http://userzweb.lightspeed.net/~tameri
      ><< text3.html >>
    • MARY MACTARE
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 27, 1999
        > So... the point of this is a quest for meaning. I find my meaning in what
        I am at the moment. I know that in the "big picture" there is nothing, so
        why not make the most of the now? But is there something more? I do think
        there is a universal "force" -- but I know not what that is.

        > Any thoughts? What is existential meaning? Can there be one? Some
        existentialists were people of faith.

        > - CSW

        If I may share? I'm not sure if this can be considered 'existenialist',
        for I am unschooled on the specifics and here to learn. Still, I think some
        here might enjoy my poetic slant on things.

        ~In Essence~

        Thought
        Turning in on himself
        Looked out at the world around him
        Wondered
        What was the source of all this?
        What was the purpose?
        Must be controlled by...what?

        Conception of God

        Human Gods
        Simple to see
        The sun and the wind
        Rivers and rain
        Stories: To explain creation
        Rules: To avoid damnation
        Then the clever souls who taught

        "There is only one truth"

        Millions moved by faith
        Perception
        Positive
        (Energy plays in opposing fields)
        (Necessary)
        (Negative)

        Inspired Alchemy
        Aspires to the divine
        Shares a single essence
        It's the quest for knowledge
        To control chaos

        So many all wanting to join the One
        Creating the very idea they can

        Believing makes it so
        Be pure of heart and mind
        God created man
        Man created God

        � 1997-99 'Residua' - A Vampire's Reflection
        � 1997-99 'In Essence'
        Mary Mactare
      • MARY MACTARE
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 27, 1999

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 27, 1999

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 27, 1999

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 27, 1999

                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 27, 1999
                  Mary,
                  I don't know if it is considered exist... but I like it, thank you!