greetings

  • jedi_pocky
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 3, 2003
      Greetings..
      i found this group through Christopher Wyatt's site (id no idea it
      was funtioning all this while - say, since 1996 am i right?) and
      *yay* its active.
      hmm where shall i start. im 19 earth years, female and
      geographically, im residing in singapore. ive been interested in
      existenzphilosophie since i was 16 and this obssession is what keeps
      me going. its my first year in university and im starting with
      philosophy and will be also doing lit. blahblahblah, im obssessed
      with kafka and my hero is nietzsche (well, whos here isnt? :P)
      i found the existentialism home page cuz i was searching for ideas on
      how to design my own.
      i dont know why im here. i cant contribute much and in fact ive
      millions of questions that would just flood this msg board. but it
      would be good to just be able to talk about it since noone i know is
      interested in dasein and all my friends chose that the purpose of
      life is to booze away. so there.

      my wishes. in peace,
      franz pocky
    • Susan Schnelbach
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 3, 2003
        Welcome Franz

        Please feel free to ask questions and jump in whenever you want. We
        generally have a variety of conversations and topics going at any one
        time - some even on existentialism. :)

        Susan

        On Friday, October 3, 2003, at 10:13 AM, jedi_pocky wrote:

        > Greetings..
        > i found this group through Christopher Wyatt's site (id no idea it
        > was funtioning all this while - say, since 1996 am i right?) and
        > *yay* its active.
        > hmm where shall i start. im 19 earth years, female and
        > geographically, im residing in singapore. ive been interested in
        > existenzphilosophie since i was 16 and this obssession is what keeps
        > me going. its my first year in university and im starting with
        > philosophy and will be also doing lit. blahblahblah, im obssessed
        > with kafka and my hero is nietzsche (well, whos here isnt? :P)
        > i found the existentialism home page cuz i was searching for ideas on
        > how to design my own.
        > i dont know why im here. i cant contribute much and in fact ive
        > millions of questions that would just flood this msg board. but it
        > would be good to just be able to talk about it since noone i know is
        > interested in dasein and all my friends chose that the purpose of
        > life is to booze away. so there.
        >
        > my wishes. in peace,
        > franz pocky

        > ---------------------~-->
        > Canada.
        > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/ACsqlB/TM

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Ajit Unni
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 4, 2003
          Hi people;

          I am also new to the list. And more importantly
          new to the theory of existentialism. Actually i think
          the only exposure to it (or so they say) I have had is
          probably the writings of Dostoyevsky( correct me if I
          have it wrong, but I read somewhere that Dostoyevsky
          writings have existential characteristics to them).
          And I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed reading the
          mails on the first 2 days.
          I obviously have stepped in between so could
          not follow the complete train of thought but
          nevertheless I did enjoy reading them. But I am a bit
          surprsied also that everyone here is a Neitchze fan. I
          guess there is a major pre conceived notion in my head
          regarding its negativity.

          And to be more precise the fact is all I know
          about Neitchze are a few quotes and a little of the
          Superman theory. SO maybe I am on the right road.
          My name is Ajit Unni and I work in Saudi
          Arabia though I am an Indian nationale. And I think
          since I have come to Saudi I have found plenty of time
          for extra curricular activities. The weekends are
          pretty long.
          Well thats all for now.....

          Thanx... Ajit

          =====
          Man is the only creature who refuses to be what he is. ..... Albert Camus

          Existence really is an imperfect tense that never becomes a present. Nietzsche

          The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul..... George Bernard Shaw.

          Go to http://yahoo.shaadi.com
        • jedi_pocky
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 7, 2003
            hello there in saudi arabia! :) im in singapore.. my fav dostoevsky
            is crime and punishment (but i hated the ending) :D im rather new to
            this too. always seeking to learn what i can, where i can.
            in peace,
            pocky
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 19 3:52 PM
              Have been 'chilling out' tonight - listening to the late, great,
              Damon Edge, watching both the channel four news and the bbc1 dudes
              also - some sort of record; and then 'questiontime'. Am learning.
              Insofar as I return to more sustained reading and thinking, I'll
              need to slow down, which, by the law of philosophical paradox, means
              with any luck I'll soon be out of sight; pursued by Bill? pursuing
              Eduard? Nooism is not dead, to be sure, but somewhat in chrysalis,
              here.
              Flapping as benignly as possible,
              Louise
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 21, 2004
                  Jerry, I love you, how's life in your part of Canada?
                  Marinated Louie
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 28, 2008
                    hi, im english, very drunk, and hoping someone might explain some of
                    the foreign (us or catholic) references.

                    trusting reader
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 28, 2008

                      > hi, im english, very drunk, and hoping someone might explain some of
                      > the foreign (us or catholic) references.
                      >
                      > trusting reader

                      ps, im only pretending about the inebriation part. seems legitimate,
                      to draw attention toward the desperate plight of, for instance, some of
                      the younger members of the uk citizenry.

                      louise
                      ... keeping her neurons awake
                    • mary.jo11
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 29, 2008

                        > hi, im english, very drunk, and hoping someone might explain some of
                        > the foreign (us or catholic) references.
                        >
                        > trusting reader

                        Sorry, Louise.

                        http://www.independent.co.uk/news/europe/popes-astronomer-insists-alien-life-would-be-part-of-gods-creation-828303.html