I get it

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2003
      Biggie, That post helped me to come to grips with your mind set. I
      recall a line from West Side Story that stated that "He is just a
      product of his environment" . That was my first introduction to
      existential thought, and as a guilty of everything catholic, the
      concept seemed to give some relief.
      All the authentic human interactions should be essentially selfish on
      part of the participants. The great , driving force of all evolution
      is competition. Should another take your side it is a bonding of
      convenience of motive. So, I agree that human interaction is at best
      a tempory alliance . When common causes cease human interaction
      diminishes to the fallacy of total facade. This is the environment
      that produces our lives.
      Clever apes that we are we dress ourselves in many guises, holding
      on to others for convenience or amusement. Yet in the end we are
      alone to compete with all the rest. You understand this.
      Should one see human interactions in such a light is that
      realisation necessarily shattering. I think it much like the
      realisation itself. You gained it through pain of loss and
      disappointment. The individual incidents obviously did not kill you,
      perhaps it is time for them to make you stronger.
      I see in your repudiation of the emotive content of Jo`s message a
      clear similarity to my initial reaction. I find it easier to ignore
      the language unless it is especially poignant. I see nihilism
      regarding human interactions as a clear vision that allows one more
      options, not less. Exploration of possible emotional states is of
      little danger if undertaken from a nihilistic stance. I understand
      that this stance is completely at odds with the talking cure view. I
      have been the the victim of that charade and prefer a cold walk alone.
      You have an excellent factual view of your existance. Few others
      get that far. Enjoy the superman state and play the games for fun.
      Win or lose it is all facade. Bill