Re: [existlist] Philosopher Tom

  • Mary Jo Malo
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2003
      Bill,

      I'll sit and talk to his kind anywhere they show up on the road. The more I read about him, the more I love him. He kept on keepin' on. He believed that even our experiment here was subject to change if it failed.

      Jo

      bhvwd <valleywestdental@...> wrote:
      Jo, "Seems like a lifetime, it was so long ago" , when I joined this
      group and stated to Eduard that I consider Jefferson to be a seminal
      existentialist philosopher. Indeed he was more concerned with
      political matters and was a child of the enlightment, but the kernal
      of his genius was that of personal liberty. He could not sell such a
      radical idea from an athiest platform. He conched his rebellion in
      the language of the enlightment and now as we catch up ,using the
      language of Neechee, we find O`l Tom waiting for us along the road.
      Bill

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT