Re: [existlist] The nam

  • Nicole Schultheis
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 26 10:14 AM
      i was in high school then. my friend (actually a sort of boyfriend) was the son of a man -- you'd recognize the name immediately -- who reported on the news nightly from saigon on network tv. i watched him every night, sometimes with things blowing up or being shot at or dissolving into chaos behind him. it seemed odd. odd that love itself seemed represented by a brief nightly flicker on national tv confirming that it was still alive, but very far from home, and in a very dangerous place. it was right around that time that God died, as i recall. it was also right around that time i found out what marijuana smelled like. and patchouli.

      Nicole

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 26 10:28 AM
        Nicole,

        I love patchouli. I wear a cologne of that name by Jovan. It's
        wonderful. Smells like the incense and the woods in the morning.
        During dinner and watching the war on television, my very enlightened
        and leftist foster parents were filling me in on the stupidity of the
        war. When I took these ideas to my rural conservative high school,
        they called me a communist.

        Mary Jo

        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Nicole Schultheis" <nschulth@i...>