Post #21764

  • Mary Jo Malo
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2003
      "if you strip away the labels and isms and meta tags, what are you
      left with? or, more to the point, what I am left with? am I strong
      and free enough as an individual to survive the loss of all those
      crutches and carve out a life of joy and reason and meaning? can I
      use my powers of thought and choice and action and feeling to seek and
      find my own way? the Greeks said know thyself. I know me. I know
      it is only my own efforts that will produce a life of eudaimonia for
      myself and bring joy to those who are dear to me, that will enable me
      to create the kinds of thoughts and words and music that fire the
      mind and inspire the soul; to find ever greater wisdom through
      reflection on work, love, art, ideas, family, and friendship; and to
      realize my vision of a philosophy for living on earth."

      Not my words. Not too bad. Some babblings make more sense than others.

      Mary Jo