Jaspers and diety

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2003
      I have not read Jaspers and reading his quote on this list, I am
      glad I did not waste my time. He does make one observation that
      is reasonable. Beyond a number of parameters this universe does not
      exist. There is a speed limit, there is a size limit, both large and
      small. There is an energy limit and a limit to mass. We have not
      reached the size limit but recently the cosmological constant was
      reestimated. We will expand with the galaxys until the energys of
      expansion are dissipated. At that point the galaxys will be so far
      flung as to be invisible to each other. The stars in them will burn
      their available energy and become cold matter in distant voids. In
      brief we are moving from pure energy at the big bang to cold matter
      at the dispersion of matter. Where the initial energy came from and
      what happens to the cold, dead matter would be of great conjecture.
      Since we are dealing with elemental matter and energy it would seem
      most incongruous to insert a being of infinite complexity. Carl can
      do that if he wants. Anyone can postulate any plan the human mind
      can conjure . Just do not ask others to believe when the physical
      universe has dissipated. I am sure jaspers reinserts his grand
      being into the very existance of Homo Sapiens. He is another
      Christian attempting to reorient his irrationality to the facts we
      have at our disposal. It is still the leap into mystacism no matter
      from where on the line of knowledge the jump is made.Jaspers, like
      so many others becomes the headless horseman, thrashing about in the
      darkness and scaring the children. Bill