Re: [existlist] Re: Rules rules rules, what are we discussing?

  • eduard at home
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 27, 2003
      Matt,

      I sorta lost the original point as well ...

      Anyway, I can see the benefit of a god in earlier societies.
      He provides a certain legitimacy to moral law, regardless of
      whether he exists or not. At the risk of causing a new
      controversy, I can see him as beneficial to modern society
      as well. But the problem is that gods do best in a society
      which does not change dramatically over the years. In our
      era, things are changing too fast and God is being left
      behind. You can see that in the 10 commandments monument
      thingy in Montgomery Alabama.