Re: Self-Awareness

  • Mary Jo Malo
    Message 1 of 85 , Aug 3, 2003
      Yes, there is a "matter of degree" of mental activity. What interests
      me more, however, is the act of observing our own mental activity. We
      think about our thoughts! Is this significant?

      I don't know that we ever could describe an "absence from oneself".
      The closest thing I can understand is this. If you're only aware of
      or observing yourself, are you really self-aware. When you become
      aware of others, then you realize yourself as separate from others, a
      self.

      I'm curious as to why the human "species" has the capacity to observe
      so much more than is necessary for survival. We keep developing
      technology to observe and communicate with each other and the world.
      How do we explain this drive or desire? What are we supposed to be
      doing with this potential?

      Mary Jo
    • Mary Jo Malo
      Message 85 of 85 , Aug 8, 2003
        Bryan,

        YES, existence is a pure truth. Can you elucidate "the body in mind"?

        Mary Jo