Re: LE SUPERDUARD, DUDE

  • Knott
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 2, 2003
      The only interest I have is in addressing this is that I am awestruck by the intense lack
      of coherence:

      As you seem to fail to remember what you say...You said:

      > There is nothing special about humans... The only
      > thing that might be considered special is their
      > self-awareness, but this is only a result of large brain
      > size.

      The implication is that humans are special because of large brain size. That is indeed
      about human brains. Yippee. However, there is a suggestion of comparison: large in
      comparison to what? A table? no. One would think you meant OTHER Brains of NON-
      HUMANS. Non humans would include mice and elephants. If this is not a likely
      comparison from your statement, I would be glad to know why. You also suggested
      this largess was the vehicle for human's unique self-awareness...and that would also
      suggest in comparison to other species.

      Please clarify what the comparison was if not meant in this way.

      I provided the listing, because you were, as usual, McFacting: this I'll define as
      creating your own cheesy facts that have no basis in reality (as most people know it).
      Man does not have a distinctly large brain (especially in your case) and this does not,
      in itself, pose any reason for suggesting unique self-awareness.

      Frankly, thinking self-awareness to be unique is myopic. But who cares. You injoy
      broadcasting all the wrong information like you know what it really is, and are
      apparently afraid, both of admitting you are wrong and that you may not know
      everything. It is what you do best.

      All I know is I can't know anything -- except that any fact is absolute. I am wrong in
      discussing with you, wrong in having an opinion, wrong in accepting facts, wrong in
      continuing, wrong in bothering, wrong in caring, wrong in attempting, wrong in being
      wrong. Yet, I am curious why you are so damned to be right on every occassion such
      that the rose you come to blossom as smells the woods like dank cow shit after the
      rain. All i can conclude is that you really think you are god, or superman, or
      something. I find this a bit interesting, in a similar way to how I am drawn to mass
      murderers and other social bilge. I cannot for the life of me fathom the depths of a
      cognition so estranged from my own...I am fascinated with dwarves and oddballs of
      all sort. I wonder at you like I guess many people do when passing by a horrific
      accident on the highway, slowing down enough just to say "Eeeeww!"

      I would be glad to understand you on just one occassion. But I fear I have before me
      another unreliable narrator.

      Quilling Donquixote