Re: [existlist] Yes, Yes, Knot, Knot, untie my knots

  • drQ
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1 7:52 AM
      Knot's argument is not valid, Bill. Psychoanalysis of N. was done in modern
      time.. post Freud's and neofrueds!!!
      and you, my friend, like all great men of history who reared (like adam's
      god) and contributed to progress of the species by extending their super
      genes in the pool of life, how can you stand the sound of garbage cans and
      the sound of dish washing by your slaves (bit ur divorced thu!) !!!? of
      course u can't stand the noise those demeaning uncreative repetitive
      chores... but now my dear since you have accomplished your role in life and
      had disseminated your seeds, why don't you leave!!! waste for nature u
      know.. to stay is to deplete the Earth's resources... even we can freeze
      your seeds in the bank for centuries in case men like u become extinct!!!

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1 8:39 AM
        > Knot's argument is not valid, Bill. Psychoanalysis of N. was done in modern
        > time.. post Freud's and neofrueds!!!

        Interesting, another soul whose demands makes the wants so.

        Proclaiming from no matter how high a pedistal still leaves a morsel to be dismantled.
        If you asked those same 'psychiatrists' what is the method of treating a patient, they
        would likely choose some means of examination through dialogue. I don't believe
        that such dialogue can be generated with static text...that is, assuming the texts N.
        wrote were even a valid representation.

        You see, we don't know if he was writing what he thought or what he felt was a rather
        clever fiction -- or clever philosophy. We also can't judge the writings of an insane
        person (if he was) as a valid rendition of their own perspective. For example, I
        expound on interest, which is something i believe, but also absurdity which, as part
        of life as it is perceived at least throgh these senses, is perhaps not a good practice if
        one is at all interested in survival.

        In my book, that creates a rather interesting reverberation where the analist is anally
        expounding upon a source which may either be directly unreliable or whose source is.
        Tis more likely a case of unreliable narrator (where the narrator is telling a story that
        is not true, but can well be believed) -- especially if they are right. If they aren't there
        is no way to tell if that which is expounded is, perhaps, just structure. We see in the
        text of Lolita, Humbert proclaiming that in 'sanitoriums' he would willfully deceive the
        keepers as part of his game. That is an interesting possibility for N. We see in Hamlet,
        a fellow who could either actually be insane, or one who is acting insane in order to
        retain sanity (there are other variations) -- but the actuality of the play is that you can
        have a preference, but never really know. Of course these are just fictional models,
        but I might suggest that self-perception is a fictional model constrewed by the
        individual -- or a fictitious model. Perhaps each fiction with its own unreliable
        narrator, which I would hesitate to analize.

        This is all putting aside the idea that psycho-analysis may of course have other
        meanings and lesser value than some would like to allow it. In other words, it can't be
        determined to be a valid science, no matter how much it might cost.

        The only value in the writings of N. is in reacting to the words. You can like them or
        hate them, embody them, defend or exhalt...rue and defile...but you have no idea if
        they are true meaning, well-intended -- or insane -- or clever deception. and to
        these analists: if they are serious about their work, they should study writing and
        self-perception, and become unserious about deriving mental states of men long
        dead by words written and translated and studied. These studies themselves, should
        you ask me, are not sane.

        Moredoubt Lessright
      • drQ
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1 9:06 AM
          Fine and interesting-- but was commenting on ur earlier statement: "the
          analysis was made by 'psychiatrists' who could not have had much training in
          the art....Sir N. having been born some 12 years before Freud."

          > > Knot's argument is not valid, Bill. Psychoanalysis of N. was done in
          modern
          > > time.. post Freud's and neofrueds!!!
          >
          > Interesting, another soul whose demands makes the wants so.
        • Knott
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1 9:37 AM
            > Fine and interesting-- but was commenting on ur earlier statement: "the
            > analysis was made by 'psychiatrists' who could not have had much training in
            > the art....Sir N. having been born some 12 years before Freud."

            My point being that good psychoanalysis -- if there is such a thing -- would not have
            been happening much before N. croaked, Freud being all of 32 at the time, and the
            terms not yet established. When someone has been dead many years they won't tap
            dance, nor tell the truth...and neither will their bones, or writings.

            Folded Paper