Your list

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
      Eduard, For some reason Hemmingway did not cause me to follow him ,
      beyond for whom the bell tolls. I was in my working class hero mode
      and found him eliteist. He is a good writer and certainly could be
      said to refer to philosophical themes.
      I like Rand, who reminds me of Frank Lloyd Right. I think Rand to be
      a modernist existentialist. The other term used to refer to the
      author, I reject. What is that? Objectivist. Means nothing to me.
      I really like Julie Christy and was completely overwhelmed by her
      in her fur hood. I missed the rest of the movie. After
      Dostoevski,and Tolstoy I couldn`t do another long winded Russian.I
      got the plot messed up with funny girl, I think Redford should have
      gotten Julie Christy and Omar, Barbara. I know I`m a mysoginist,
      antisemetic, racist pig who needs a haircut. Bill
    • eduard at home
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
        Bill,

        The movie done by David Lean on Dr. Zhivago really sucks.
        The book, however, is a treasure. I hear they are going to
        redo the movie which will more closely follows the book. If
        anyone has not read the book, I strongly recommend it. It
        is a hard read but worth it. I have read it perhaps 7 times
        now and I get more out of it each time. I am not sure if
        one could call Dr. Zhivago an Existentialist, but the story
        is certainly a review of his particular existence. It is
        also of interest to read of Lara's view on her life
        objective.

        > Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson,
        Canon or Lexmark
        the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/