Yes, yes, yes, I agree!

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2003
      I have read Nietzsche and I agree with him to a higher degree than I
      can remember how to spell his damned name. Were he to publish now
      his superman analogy would not be necessary. He was revolting
      against the group psyche of the faithful. To claim personal authority
      was to degrade the godhead. In his time he could be said to be acting
      as a subdiety, a superman. The faithful and the collectivests would
      certainly view it as such. Are you one or both?
    • drQ
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2003
        I'm a woman.. a non believer... plus non conformist... I do believe thu that
        man is a narcissistic poor creature who does alot of self-deception in order
        to survive! who am I to judge!!!?
        Nietzsche was psychoanalyzed by brain scientists to be "PARANOID" and
        MISOGYNIST!

        > I have read Nietzsche and I agree with him to a higher degree than I
        > can remember how to spell his damned name. Were he to publish now
        > his superman analogy would not be necessary. He was revolting
        > against the group psyche of the faithful. To claim personal authority
        > was to degrade the godhead. In his time he could be said to be acting
        > as a subdiety, a superman. The faithful and the collectivests would
        > certainly view it as such. Are you one or both?

      • Knott
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 31, 2003
          > Nietzsche was psychoanalyzed by brain scientists to be "PARANOID" and
          > MISOGYNIST!

          Forgive me, but what is wrong with that?

          1. the analysis was made by 'psychiatrists' who could not have had much training in
          the art....Sir N. having been born some 12 years before Freud.

          2. Hating women is probably one of the most healthy things a man who spent quite a
          lot of his latter time indebted to his sister could be.

          3. Paranoid was a relatively new term in his lifetime, cropping up around 1957 and
          popularized in the 1880s...just after his death.

          4. "brain scientists" of the time were probably just making the transition from
          trepanning the skull to release evil spirits.

          I am not one for history, but if we follow this story it is unlikely to be an accurate
          representation.

          Pazt Fitz
        • Mattlzpf@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2003
            In a message dated 7/31/03 2:28:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time, dr-q@...
            writes:

            << Nietzsche was psychoanalyzed by brain scientists to be "PARANOID" and
            MISOGYNIST! >>

            AH AH, Be careful not to commit the fallacy ad hominem. Nietzsche often
            argued similar to this reasoning himself, although he almost always had something
            to Back iT UP.

            --MATT_C