Confirmation

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2003
      I was confirmed in the faith at 12 years. For some it was a moving
      experience, they were fortified in their personal faith and bolstered
      in the comraderery of group belief. For me it was just another
      worthless day in church. I think our felt need for interpersonal
      involvement has great varience from one to another.
      I am shocked and repulsed by the touchy/feelie world of the pop
      science psychologists. Give me a hug and I`ll knee you in the balls.
      I will not consider myself a pathogin because I insist on my
      privacy. Others may hug and swap spit until they have perfectly
      similar bacterial flora, just do not do it to me. These are
      individual differences not illegal or pathignomic symptoms. Perhaps
      we will mind meld to a group harmonic of mind and just as possibly
      we will segregate to a few fools on the hills. I prefer the latter
      and do not wish to be morally recruited to the former.