Observation, Predictability & Programs

  • Mary Jo Malo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30 2:26 PM
      I've been both an observer and a participant in this group, and I can
      say it's a lot more fun being an observer. Putting something in
      writing is both brave and foolish. We can express our kindness and
      our cruelty. Language can reveal who we are even when we are trying
      to be clever and incognito. How we use words is a fingerprint of our
      intelligence and emotional character.

      No one likes to be predictable, but unfortunately it's true. We are
      each extremely individual, and I like the fact that there's only one
      Sean Connery. I just wish he lived closer to my house! The manner in
      which we use language to demonstrate our thoughts and feelings is
      unique. Is that really such a bad thing? Isn't uniqueness how we sort
      out the kinds of people we choose to communicate with? We don't have
      to talk with everyone just because they're here.

      As we realize we've been conditioned or programmed by society, and we
      set out to revise and reconstruct our lives, we're already on the
      existentialist path. What is it that guides our reprogramming effort?
      What's wrong with wanting our existence to be whatever we want it to
      be at no one else's expense? What drives us to convince everyone that
      our ideas are the only ones to have validity?

      Mary Jo