Growth of existentialism

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2003
      I think I must agree with the post that suggests more existential
      story lines and themes are surfacing in the general media. Plots are
      becomming more complex and resolutions less black and white. In our
      move away from simplistic authoritarianism we often find ourselves
      frightened by the complexity of our situations. The very
      confrontation of such tangled balls of rubber bands is exhausting and
      frustrating. That may be the future definition of courage. It hurts
      to think that hard. It is frustrating to deal with simplistic morons,
      yet it never stops. I really think we have the better intellectual
      base. I do not hasard a guess as to if it is equil to the tasks at
      hand, but it is better than the old, failing alternatives.