Predicting Bill

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 29, 2003
      Bookdoc et Eduard, et all, My wife, who through her volition and or
      masochism, still lives with me, says on major matters I am utterly
      unpredictable. I like that, a lot.
      I understand that once one has rejected the transcendental, a person
      garnishes a freedom long denied. The phantom debt is paid and one is
      able to operate with regard to optimal tactical advantage.
      Organisational types have great dislike for individuals who elect
      to live in this manner. They see these selfstyled types as being a
      threat to security and public saftey. I prefer to think of such an
      approach as having the spice of irony and the freedom of chance.
      In an obvious adversarial situation, a complete reversal of expected
      tactic can produce a clear cut victory. I think of it as no more
      than good gamesmanship. Those more cemented to their lives find this
      behavour both impossible and reprehensible. It is a matter of life
      orientation and beyond that a situation of clear cut evolutionary
      advantage.
    • eduard at home
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 29, 2003
        Bill,

        Actually a conclusion of your unpredictability, is a
        prediction.

        I dislike being predicted as well. It seems imply a control
        of one person [the predictor] over another [the predictee].
        I suppose in a way that freewill has something to do with
        preventing this control

        But then predictability is sometimes of benefit. I often
        wear a large hat and it has an advantage especially when
        travelling. People do not register a new face, but if you
        wear a hat, then the second time they see you, they welcome
        you like an old friend.

        That works on several levels. Movie stars, for example,
        tend to adopt a facade of clothing or whatever to make
        themselves noticeable. Matlock would not have been such a
        popular program if Andy Griffith turned up in a different
        suit each day. The same applies to Columbo.

        Sponsor ---------------------~-->
        > Buy Toner for Your Printer or Fax at
        LaserTonerSuperstore.com-Save 55%!
        > We have your brand: HP, IBM, Canon, Xerox, Apple and many
        more for less!
        > http://www.LaserTonerSuperstore.com
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/YmQqWC/qicGAA/ySSFAA/ACsqlB/TM
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Knott
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 29, 2003
          > I dislike being predicted as well.

          Then surprise us all and think this time before you type.

          Damp Toes
        • marina boni
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 29, 2003
            too severe,making programs can be showing a possibility,a virtual solution,predict is more of witches...in a magic sphere,i am not a witch
            not a mean one,you cam program,predict,reserve ,forsee....
            anyway i am not a mean witch!!

            Knott <god@...> wrote:
            > I dislike being predicted as well.

            Then surprise us all and think this time before you type.

            Damp Toes

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
              hAHAHAH