[existlist] existentialism

  • Yulian K. Gaard
    Message 1 of 275 , May 24, 2001
      Well, you'd need to specify wich area you want to know about. Just teling about exitentialism in general could take huge books to do - not something I plan on giving myself time to type. And as my works on the subject isnt in english, I dont think you'd benefit from having me send them.

      Basically existentialism is a 'wakeup call' for people to start existing. It tell and explains how and why you do not exist and how and why you can get into existing. Many connect the basics of existentialism with atheism; especially because of the absurdety and meaningless world, and nothingness in death (wich all didnt have) - but there've been existentialists of just about any religious belief. Dont know if that was what you wanted to hear, but that is the most obvious to tell you and it's general enough to cover most.

      Confuzion
      Yulian

      Respectfully submitted.

      " Magic is a way of life. "
    • mary.jo11
      Message 275 of 275 , Jan 4, 2008
        Also, Fathers and Sons by Turgenev, and Todd Olivier's biography of
        Camus.