Altruism and self interest

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2003
      Brian, I really enjoyed your post, altruism is a sucker bet, a red
      herring for the emotionally involved. Part of learning to survive as
      an individual involves control of one`s emotions. Properly discerning
      one`s own fair selfinterest can be accomplished only after such
      control is established. It is a tall order that takes honest self
      appraisal and a great deal of dicipline. In this age those
      commodities are in short supply. Incidentally I think those same
      commodities to be at the base of an existential life.